Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Afternoon Daybook: July 29, 2013


Outside my window:
is the most perfect summer day for sitting on the porch.



I am thinking:
about these boys who didn't get to Williamsport, Pennsylvania to the Little League World Series exactly the way they wanted to get there, but got there all the same.  As we pulled into drop them off for a week of Little League camp, I was giddy at the sight of the stadium, so I know they are having a blast.  Still, I am doing a lot of thinking about my middle man since it's his first time away.  He showed no signs of nerves, but I found myself staring at the clock at 3:30 am wondering if he fell off the top bunk yet.  It's possible that my boys going to college will send me to the looney bin.


I am thankful:
for Joe, his friends in youth group and for all of the adults who traveled to West Virginia for a Habitat for Humanity mission trip last week.  I'm thankful that my son has learned to "GO" where the Lord leads and I am very thankful to have him back home.




I am listening to:
cicadas or locusts and maybe an owl?  Seriously, it's 4:00 pm, but I think it's an owl.
I am wearing:
black running shorts, black Nike running top, orange Gavin #15 bracelet. no running shoes . . .yet.
In the kitchen:
Joe is home after two weeks away.  Joe is making spaghetti tonight.  Joe may not be aware of this yet.
I am going:
to go out to cheer on the Aldie Senators tonight.  I haven't seen a baseball game in exactly 9 days.  What the heck is going on around here?
I am reading:
Belong to Me by Maria de los Santos
I am wondering: 
how I got so lucky to have a friend with whom I can still be laughing even in the eighth hour of a road trip.  Lucky me to have Mrs. C.


I am pondering: 
"There are times, says Jesus, when God cannot lift the darkness from you, but trust Him.  God will appear like an unkind friend, but He is not;  He will appear like an unnatural Father, but He is not;  He will appear like an unjust judge, but He is not.  Keep the notion of God behind all things strong and growing.  Nothing happens in any particular unless God's will is behind it, therefore you can rest in perfect confidence in Him." - Oswald Chambers
I am praying:
for a miracle for Gavin, every day and every hour and if that miracle I pray for doesn't come, I pray for Gavin's family and friends to feel the comfort and grace and peace that will only be able to come from the power of Him.
On my Ipod:
Otherside  byThird Day.  I'll tell you a secret - if this song can't get you to the other side of that last mile you're running, I'm not sure what can.
A verse for today: 
"The Lord replied, "My presence will go with you and I will give you rest." - Exodus 33:14
I am learning:
that the good people outweigh the bad.  There are so very many good, giving, caring, open, honest people.  And really God is helping me to focus on those people.  He's also showing me that even those whose behaviors seem so very hurtful or so very wrong - those folks might not be as "bad" as they are just broken.  They might just be living with such big secrets and such big shame that they can hardly bear it. I am learning that even when I feel like I should be the one to reach out to help with the bearing, sometimes, God's plan is different.  God's need for me is different. God needs me to realize that He knows everything and He has a plan. He bears all the burdens, he forgives all the wrong and then He heals.  His plan has been better all along.
One of my favorite things:
These buddies.  See you soon, boys.  Make good choices, take care of each other and keep your eyes on that baseball!
 
 
A peek into my day:
2 out of 3

Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: