Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Daybook: June 23, 2014

Outside my window:
It is a perfectly beautiful sunny summer day.
I am thinking:
STILL about the magical, marvelous Mr. Mitchell, otherwise known as Tattoo Tom.  I met Tom in December which was appropriate because I think he's Santa covered in tattoos and piercings.  He's got a twinkle in his eye and one of the kindest and bravest hearts God ever created.  If we are Facebook friends you were inundated by my sharing of posts as I followed his 100 mile trail race which he started in the dark, early hours of Saturday morning and ended in the bright later hours of Sunday afternoon.  Tom, whose daughter Shayla died of cancer, carried the photos of 100 different children with cancer, some still fighting, some who have left.  He did it.  The last one to cross the line.  His daughter, representing the 100th mile.  When I saw the news that he had finished the tears rolled down my cheeks and I could not have felt more excited and proud and relieved had the Texas Longhorns won every national title this year. Dear ESPN, my boys will come down here and turn you on soon.  There will not be a story you can come up with that will compare to THIS ONE.  No chance.
I am thankful:
for summer days reading on the porch.
In the kitchen:
there is a full dishwasher that needs to be unloaded and three additional people in the house capable of doing it. YAY!
I am wearing:
black and white pjs
I am listening to:
the washing machine spin.
I am reading:
Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. 
I am hoping:
that the summer schedule slows down because right now it seems almost as crazytown as the school year.
I am looking forward to:
watching Drew play in his first LJGA golf "tournament" (5 holes.  My kind of golf tournament)
I am learning:
that if you are having trouble thinking you can get through your 5 mile run, you just remember that you are running 1/20 of what this guy is running at the same time.  You will feel like a big ol' whiney pants and will finish the race set before you. It works, I promise.



I am praying:
for Tom's recovery from the race, for much patience with squabbling brothers, for my husband, for my friends and for people who get SO DARN ANGRY on the road.  People, please.  Traffic is so frustrating, I know.  BE NICE.
On my Ipod:
Let Them See You in Me
I am wondering:
if any of my other Texas Longhorn friends felt like they were stuck in a glass case of emotion like I did after that Vanderbilt walk off.


I am pondering:
the attractiveness of the vast majority of World Cup soccer players.  I know I'm not the only one who noticed this phenomenon because I have heard it mentioned more than once.  How is this possible and more importantly, why did no one tell me about this?


A quote for today:
"I wondered why someone didn't do something. Then I realized, I am someone." - From Stillbrave.org
A verse for today:
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." -Hebrews 12:1-3
 One of my favorite things:
listening to Drew laugh while watching The Flintstones. So much better than those smart alecky kids on Nickolodeon.  I love me some Barney Rubble.
A few plans for the week:
golf, basketball, baseball, pool, stepping up the running in training for the Army Ten Miler for Team Mathias, an AllStar baseball semifinal and hopefully a final, teaching my kids to be experts in laundry, vacuuming, gardening and cooking, but first I might have to find someone who is skilled enough to teach them though.
A peek into my day: 

Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: