Monday, August 28, 2017

I See You, Texas



Hey, Friends,

We had quite a summer in our family and that kept me away from this space more often than not. I missed it so much. My younger kiddos are back in school this week and the big kiddo has been taken to college, so I was all set to sit down and get to writing all the big thoughts and feelings that went along with the big changes and big blessings that happened around here in the past few months.

Sadly, the words don't seem to be coming because I can't stop watching the coverage of my sweet, suffering state of Texas today.

I don't think I need to reiterate here how horribly the people in my home state are hurting. If you aren't living under a rock, (and if you are, I might be a little jealous) then you already know. Many sweet friends have contacted me to check in on my family. As most of my family members are in Dallas and Austin, they are not in danger. Our many friends in Houston do need your immediate prayers.

We love to brag that everything is bigger in Texas. And as upsetting as it is to watch this disaster take its toll on my people, I can't help but smile at the big ol' shining example of beauty in the ashes that I am seeing played over and over again on my tv screen as Texans rush to help each other, often risking their own safety to do so.

We are a people big on love, big on courage and big on faith. Won't you please plead big prayers for Texas today?

"And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb."
- Revelation 21:23

For some great ideas on how to help visit Melanie Shankle's blog HERE.




No comments: