Friday, September 22, 2017

5 Friday Favorites: September 22, 2017

Well, it's Friday and if I was to tell you of the most important moments of my week I feel like I should just start with this:

I made mayonnaise yesterday. I made it. Out of ingredients in my own house. I also made my own turkey sausage this week. And I cut open not one, but two spaghetti squashes.

I am Caroline Ingalls-ing over here like a boss.

But now it's Friday Favorites and even though I wanted to tell you about my mayonnaise, I can't bring myself to add it to the list.  So, here are 5 other things I'm loving this week.


1. Some Random Products that Are Making Me Happy



I bought this lip stick yesterday and I really like it. I chose the color Russet River, but there were a lot of great colors.

I love all the Soap and Glory products, but this stuff has been one of my favorites lately. Our temperatures here have been pretty much like the middle of summer, so this body spray is great to have in your bag if you are spending 3-12 hours at a baseball game in the heat.




Like I said before, I am a huge fan of Soap and Glory products and the Clean on Me Shower Gel is my favorite, but I picked up this shower foam the other day and I really like it. It isn't as sticky as a gel, so it rinses off really easily and it's less than six American dollars. There are lots of different scents. I like the Cucumber and Green Tea.





You know you're having a relatively boring week when one of your favorite things about it is discovering a hand soap, but here we are. It's the little things, girls. I love the Lemon Verbena and the Lavender.


2. Big Sales on Fall Clothes

Before we proceed with some great fall sales which are definitely a favorite this week I need to get something off my chest.  

"Hey, Clothing Designer People: Y'all need to SETTLE DOWN on sleeves. Relax."

I can't understand the madness going on with sleeves these days. We have bell sleeves, ruffle sleeves, tie sleeves, and tie cuffs. I think this works out for the models in the photos because their arms are longer than my body. I'm not sure this works out for a girl who can't reach the 2nd shelf in her cabinets. Some of the tops I'm seeing and featuring on here today are adorable and they are all on sale, so if you can pull this off, please do.  Here are some.

Loft is having 40% off everything today. Which is no surprise. Do not EVER buy anything full price at Loft. 

I do really love this top because I love plaid. You'll just need to give yourself an extra 30 minutes or so to tie all those ties.



I think this is adorable. I can't even with the bell sleeves because they would drive me insane, but if you are less prone to anxiety about your sleeve game than I, please get this dress. 



I saw this in person and it's really cute, but there is just too much going on here for my real life. This top is just asking for a mishap involving guacamole and chips.

JCrew Factory is having 50% off on their Fall Favorites. These are some of the best I saw online.



Again, with the bell sleeves, but at least they didn't try to add the whole kitchen sink to this top and kept the rest simple. I love the neckline and these come in some really great colors.



We get DOUBLE the ruffle here for the price of one. Gee, thanks. Again, though, thank you JCrew for keeping the rest of this top simple. Lots of pretty colors here and the ruffles seem high up enough on the sleeve so as not to interfere with your chip and dip of choice.



I love this jacket so much and while it's still not cheap, it is 50% off. I have a similar one and I love it. Unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find a top with sleeves that will fit under this jacket in any store right now, but maybe you could type "Just-A-Freakin'-Boring-Sleeve-Top-For-The-Love" in your search box and find something appropriate. Godspeed.

3. Life Changes by Thomas Rhett




I'm not a huge country music fan by any stretch, but my son sent me a video he made recently of "a day in the life" on campus in Happy Valley with this song on it. Great song. Great message. I've listened to it so many times this week.

4. Lemon Lara Bars


I've been on the search for something - anything - that I don't have to whip up on my own in my kitchen that is Whole30 compliant. I was thrilled to find Lara Bars. Ok. Thrilled is a stretch. It's not a Snickers Bar, so settle down, but  these Lemon Bars aren't terrible.

5. The Impossible Movie



I don't even know what I'm thinking telling you about this movie after the last few weeks we've had with hurricanes and earthquakes and all manner of pain and suffering. Perhaps the lack of Diet Coke in my life is messing with my brain, but Kyle and I watched this movie and it is phenomenal. It's kind of old, so you might have seen it already, but if you haven't, I highly recommend it even in light of recent events. It tells the true story of a family who was on vacation in Thailand when the tsunami hit in 2004. Naomi Watts and Tom Holland (who you'll recognize as the kid who would become Spider Man in 2017) are incredible in this film. It is ultimately a story of the will to survive in the face of impossible circumstances and triumph over tragedy. I thought about it for days after watching it. If you cannot even, I can tell you that Kyle and I also watched The Hangover recently, so there's that.

Have a great weekend, friends!

Disclosure: The View From Behind Home Plate is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn small fees by linking to amazon.com

No comments: