Friday, November 1, 2019

5 Friday Favorites: November 1, 2019 (approx. 36 hours since Championship)



Happy Friday, Friends!

It's time for my Friday link up with A Little Bit of EverythingGrace and Love, and Momfessionals

On Fridays I share things that made me happy from the week - a photo, a song, a quote or Bible verse, a beauty product, a recipe, a pair of cute shoes, etc. If it's a product, sometimes it's something I actually own and sometimes something I just saw online that gave me a smile. Sometimes it's serious and sometimes it's silly. I suppose I believe that God is in the simple details of life and yes, I can even find Him in a tube of lipstick.


Boring week this week, right? Nothing really happened. 

If you don't get it that I'm kidding ARE YOU SOME KIND OF PSYCHOPATH?

I basically have spent the past 36 hours perfecting the Max Scherzer Hall of Fame Dad Dance Move. I realize the guy might have been hyped up on some serious drugs to combat his back spasms, but my man is bringing it in the dugout and I am all the way here for it.



Let us move to number 1. As in NUMBER 1 IN THE WORLD:

1. The Washington Nationals Won the World Series and I Cried My Face Off




There are a million lessons from this team as there usually are in any team that wins a championship. One of my favorites is that by average age they are the oldest team in baseball. There is no better lesson in never giving up on your dreams. Not when you've been in the league for 15 years. Not when you've lost three games in a row. Not when you are a pitcher that cannot even lift your arms above your head three days before you pitch your butt off in Game 7. Not when you're told you're too old and your time is past. Not when you're told you're too young to handle the pressure. Not when there is a bat-crap crazy call at first base that threatens to change the entire game and certainly not when you've got Anthony Rendon coming up to bat. NEVER GIVE UP. I love you Nats. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 


2. Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
by Paleo Running Momma

After I spent most of the day eating Halloween candy while I watched all the post game interviews, I decided to make a grown up decision later in the day and made this Garlic Mashed Cauliflower even though I think everyone might need to calm down about cauliflower. It was so, so, so good. I really couldn't believe it. But let us remember that I was in such a good mood yesterday about the Nats that nothing could get me down. We might need to revisit this after the next Texas Longhorns game to see if it holds up. *sigh*

3. Old Navy Funnel Neck Sweatshirt

I have two writing deadlines looming, but since every time I sat down at the computer yesterday, I somehow involuntarily ended up watching yet another video of the final strike out I just finally gave up on writing words. The weather is set to turn colder this weekend, so it's going to officially be leggings and long tops time. I basically danced my way into the car using the above Max Scherzer moves and stopped in at Old Navy. If, like me, your main focus in life right now is to cover up your bum so that you can wear leggings 5 days a week, you will find that Old Navy has a great selection of long sweaters and sweatshirts. I bought this Funnel Neck Sweatshirt in black. I also like this one with the cute side zippers.


4. The Popcast:The Nos of Halloween Episode


I've mentioned the Popcast with Knox and Jamie before, but I'm not sure if I've mentioned that my very favorite episodes are the "Nos" episodes. They have the "Nos of Weddings", the "Nos of Fall", the "Nos of Mother's Day", etc. You name it they will make fun of it. This week's episode, the "Nos of Halloween" was hilarious. It's worth your time, but just be careful that you don't laugh so hard that you spit out your diet Coke all over your steering wheel when you're listening. Hypothetical situation.


5. One More Time and Say it Louder for the People in the back:
The Washington Nationals are the World Series Champions









Time to do some more dancing. Have a great weekend, Friends!


No comments: