Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Quick Birthday Post

I have, in the short history of this blog, gotten rather wordy in birthday posts.  Today is my husband's birthday and I'm not going to do that even though I could fill pages with reasons why I thank God for this day.  When Facebook first started there was this little trend going around called "25 things" where you would write 25 things about yourself.  I  jumped right in because clearly I love to think about myself and write it all down and then post it on the Internet with the idea that everyone on the planet is riveted by reading about me.  In my "25 things" I wrote about each of my kids and then I got to my husband and it struck me.  The thing I know about him is that he would never spend enough time thinking about himself to come up with 25 things to blab on to a computer screen.  He is the most humble of men.  He understands better than anyone I know what is and what is not important in this life because he has known real pain and has chosen faith and peace in its midst.  When I am worrying he can calm me down with one look. Plus he makes me laugh so hard that I wake up in the middle of the night giggling about something he said 3 days before.  So, I could go on and on, but I won't because that is not how my man rolls.  And because I have a gigantic jar of cashews and a whole slew of fashionable duds from Dick's Sporting Goods to wrap up.
Happy birthday.  I wish for you: sunny skies, hustling players, baseballs hit over the fence and no line drives to the shin.  (Use the L screen, please.)  I love you, Coach.

See?  I didn't embarrass you too much...at least not as much as when you took me to the Bon Jovi concert (above) and I acted like a 17 year old maniac.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to Coach S. He is like a gentle and solid rock for all of us. Not to mention the fact that he has an awesome collection of cool jams to celebrate any occasion. Have fun celebrating your special day and know that our whole family adores you.
Love, Mrs. C.