Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks for All the Y'alls

I am with my people and I don't have time to write much because I've got so much to do. 

*I have to jump in bed between my mom and dad and read the Dallas Morning News with them.
*I have to be at a tea party picnic very soon.
*I have to pretend I'm not a boy mom and go sit down with the directions from the Friendship Bracelet Making Kit so that I can finish the bracelet that my niece and I started earlier today.  The problem is that I'm pretty sure that Friendship Bracelet Making involves some sort of scientific formula.  I didn't realize you had to have worked at NASA to figure out how to do it.
*I have to go in the kitchen and help just enough for my mom to kick me out of there before I start a fire.  But I'll stick right next to her anyway because we are like peas and carrots.
*I have to whisper and giggle and trade clothes with my sister. 
*I have to go quote lines from stupid movies with my brother and laugh until my stomach hurts.
*I have to hold two new babies and hug two mommas who I held when they were babies. 
*I have to throw a ball with a different little red haired boy. 
*I have to laugh at my dad's jokes because they are so dumb that they are downright hysterical. 
*I have to run out to buy Texas Longhorn gear because the Target and the Sports Authority and the Dick's Sporting Goods have that stuff right there in front of your face!  And that is HEAVENLY because in my mind, heaven is full of Longhorn gear.  There is no Virginia Tech or Redskins stuff to be found, y'all!
*I have to stuff myself with my grandmother's cornbread dressing recipe that is so much better than anything else I've ever tasted in my life. 
*I have to soak in the happiness of having all of my people in one place . . . in one place where it is 80 degrees outside today.  Seriously.

I will leave you on this fine, warm Thanksgiving Eve with this clip of the great Tami Taylor of Friday Night Lights because I think it sums up everything for which I will be giving thanks tomorrow.  Because it's people. It's my people in my little world, but it's lots and lots of other people, too.  New people, old people and people I have never met.  I am thankful for those who have taken time out of their lives to read these rambling words that pour out of my heart and settle my soul.  So many of you have been so very, very kind. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for reading and for your sweet responses to my writing.  I am humbled and grateful for ALL THE Y'ALLS.


No comments: