Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Speaking Truth with Our Sons: A Life-Changing Link


Hi, People.

We are on Spring Break this week at Lake Anna and I'm trying to be in the moment with my guys, so there won't be any live blogging from me this week.  I'm hoping to embrace the boyness this week:  tuning into NCAA March Madness (hang in there, Miami!  The rest of my bracket is an enormous mess), building fires, catching fish, watching war and sports movies and very possibly shooting bb guns at Diet Coke cans.

{OK, truth.  I might not actually participate in these activities.  I might just watch all this stuff happen from the window with my books and my coffee.  It's 45 degrees and windy.  Don't judge me.}

For those of you who are embracing the boyness in your own homes, I wanted to share with you a heart-wrenching, touching, truth-filled post by the one and only Ann Voskamp.  To be honest, when anything about the Steubenville trial came on our television in the past few weeks, whenever I saw those boys' faces, I changed the channel.  I didn't want to see it.  I didn't want to read about it.  I didn't want to talk about it at all, especially not with my oldest son.  Then I read this.  Ann says, "When you are the mother of sons, Steubenville is about us."

I was wrong.  She is right.  Read it HERE.

I have a few things queued up and scheduled to post this week while I'm trying to be in the moment and not freeze my tush off. But let's be honest, we're a year into this blogging adventure and I still have no idea what I'm doing.  If it doesn't work, I'll see you in April.

PS The tomb was empty!  How cool is that???  Have a blessed Easter, friends!





No comments: