Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The End is Near

There is much buzz around the neighborhood, people. 

And it's not just the cicadas which are really beginning to freak me out a little bit.  (Does anyone else keep checking to see if a faucet is running?)

No, the buzz would be due to the fact that the end of the school year is in two days.  Two.Days.  Which causes great joy and fear all at once in the hearts of The Moms in the 'Hood.  I am experiencing more of the joy side right now as I am a fan of sleep and not a fan of projects that involve poster boards, markers, glue sticks and me biting my tongue off when someone plays it fast and loose with the markers RIGHT ON THE POSTER BOARD without first using a pencil and a ruler to be sure the letters are all OCD'd right up in a straight line.  Deep breath.

Anyway, I just went to the store to stock up on boy food for a couple reasons.

One, I anticipate hearing a non-stop chorus of every boy's favorite tune, MOM! WHAT IS THERE TO EAT AROUND HERE?

And two,  I still have to make lunches for two more days and it's possible that staring into an empty pantry and trying to fill up one more Ziploc bag might.just.kill.me.

Apparently, I am not the only one feeling the joy/fear schizophrenia that is the end of the school year.  Because THIS BRILLIANT ARTICLE by Jen Hatmaker has been sent to me by four different people and has been shared approximately infinity times on Facebook.  And it is worthy, friends.  If by some chance you haven't read it, you must.

Mrs. R. and I discussed it yesterday and it's possible that we used the phrase what kind of fresh hell is that? approximately 624 times.

I want to show my solidarity with Jen and the rest of the moms in the world who are just trying to make it through one more blasted lunchbox by showing you something I have done that I said I would NEVER EVER DO.  And for fourteen long years I was on the wagon. But I fell off. 

 
 
Oh, yes, I did.  It is the end times, folks.  
 


No comments: