Friday, January 10, 2014

{this moment}: Lucky Thirteen

{this moment):  A Friday ritual.  A single photo of a moment from the week.  A simple, special, extraordinary moment.  A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.
 
 
There were lots of moments from the week you turned thirteen and lots of them spent together as the weather decided to cancel just about everything on the calendar.  There were sleepovers and snow days and hot chocolate.  There were video games and movies and hitting off the tee in the basement.  There were your favorite cinnamon rolls and a peanut butter chocolate milkshake and buffalo wings of every flavor under the sun.  There was me wondering how it was that I was spending my nineteenth wedding anniversary with three thirteen year old boys and one fifteen year old boy in a theater watching Anchorman 2.  There was me realizing that there was no where I would rather be and that my taste in movies lines up well with that of thirteen year old boys because, though I did want to crawl under the seat a few times, most of the time I laughed until my tummy hurt.  And in the midst of the dark, bitter cold of January that so often fills me with a sense of sadness and darkness, I remember the moment when He sent me you.  At 3:19 am on our sixth anniversary, during the coldest of months, He sent me a blond-haired, green-eyed boy full of light and warmth and a giggle that makes my heart burst open. You are a blessing beyond measure, my middle man.  Happy 13, Kyle Walker! 
 
For more moments (in which people followed the rules and wrote no words and took photos with more than an Iphone camera) visit www.soulemama.com.

No comments: