Thursday, March 31, 2016

What's Up Wednesday (on Thursday because I'm rebellious and/or lazy)


What We're Eating This Week:
I've been eating spinach. And nuts. And boiled eggs. And baked chicken. The boys have been eating oven fried chicken, pulled pork bbq and tacos. Oh, to have a teenaged boy's metabolism.

What I'm Reminiscing About:

When the lovely and talented Mrs. C. and I used to watch her little #9 throw the ball to my little #46 to get the out, we never really thought about how in the blink of an eye they would not be so little anymore and would be playing on the high school team together. It's really shocking to me.

What I'm Loving:


This Burt's Bees lip gloss in Sweet Sunset that I found on the end of an aisle at Target in a big mess of sale items. I love the color and I love that I didn't even come close to paying $9 for it. 

What We've Been Up To:
We've been up to baseball practice every day this week for all three boys. Ready or not. Here it comes! 

What I'm Dreading:
Starting to pack up a house that we've lived in for almost 17 years. I am in complete denial about how much work this will be. And although I'm excited about our new home and that we are basically moving around the corner and won't be leaving our friends, our schools, our church or any of the people we hold close, I'm in even more denial about how during this process the memories of the blessings that have been bestowed on us under this roof just might break my heart.
Our Fancy Garage Wall Growth Chart

What I'm Working On:
Lots of plans that are going into Kyle's Kamp's Dreams Games at high schools around our area which are spring sports games that raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer. If you're in my area come out to Freedom High in South Riding on on Thursday the 7th to see lacrosse and on Friday the 8th to see soccer, baseball and/or softball games honoring children fighting cancer. We'll have raffle prizes, tshirt sales and a lot of great competition! Here's the tshirt you might find at a certain baseball field, sold by a certain blogger. Come on out!



What I'm Excited About:
Warm weather. I'm so ready for spring/summer clothes. I love these shorts from Loft.


And I want someone I know to get this tote in this color because you could fit every last thing you need for the season in here and the colors make me sing . . . SUM, SUM, SUMMERTIME.



What I'm Watching/Reading:
I'll tell you what I'm not watching. I'm not watching any more debates or town halls or whatevs. I usually hate to hear that from people because I feel like we need to do our best to be as informed as we can, but in the last few debates, I've learned ZERO.  So, I will be watching Friday Night Lights reruns and wearing this:



What I'm Listening To:
Lots of Brandon Heath, especially this song.

What I'm Wearing:
Boyfriend Jeans (aka post Spring Break/Vacay Eating jeans), black tshirt, these shoes but in camo, and this army green jacket from Stitch Fix

What I'm Doing This Weekend:
Packing boxes and a local baseball tournament for my littlest guy.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
I'm planning to make April the first month of the new year, because the first three months weren't so awesome. I need to make some changes that will hopefully change my attitude. Joy has been hard to come by in 2016. There are no tragedies in my life, no terribly difficult burdens to bear. There is just life. There are questions about if I'm doing the best job I can as a parent, as a wife, as a daughter and sister and friend. There's the persistent voice in my head that tells me that I am not doing anything right. Certainly not every day, but in this year, there have been too many of those days. I realized that I've given God and my relationship with Him the very last of my effort and energy. I've skipped way more morning devotional times. I have thrown up prayers here and there with little thought. I have a weekly Bible study that should be given dedicated time once a day and yet, I've shoved in all seven days of work into one day before my meeting usually while shouting directions to children, making dinner or glancing up at the tv in between questions. 

I wonder, perhaps, if my lack of attention to the most significant relationship in my life might have something to do with my feeling that my days are simply task filled and joyless?  DUH. April in my life is going to be crazy busy. I'm determined to change the way I look at crazy busy. Because this life is crazy wonderful and crazy blessed. And I'm guessing that the way to have a day full of crazy joy is to first spend some time each morning with the One who actually came to give the joy to me.  Bring it on, April.

"I have come that they may have life. And have it to the full" - John 10:10b





No comments: