Thursday, December 8, 2016

2 for 1: Stitch Fix Summaries!!



Well, my most recent Stitch Fix box came right before Thanksgiving. At that point, I realized that I didn't post about the September box. Both boxes had some interesting pieces in them, but I have to be picky because of the holidays coming up and that whole verse about storing up treasures that moths and vermin destroy which is so hard to remember during the season when my email inbox is full of so many discounts that my head is spinning. Thank you for the reminder, Gospel of Matthew. Amen.

Anyway, here are the September items.

Loveapella Leila Knit Dress


So this dress? I don't know? Do you know? I kinda gave this dress the side-eye for awhile. I couldn't decide if I even wanted to try it on because it looked kind of like Maw-Maw's sofa. (I don't have a Maw-Maw, but if I did this would be her sofa.) Then I thought maybe it might be interesting in a retro/Mrs. Roper-from-Three's Company way, so I gave it a shot and tried it on. It was a tight fit, not flowy like Mrs. Roper would like, so I wasn't feeling it. I returned it.

Razzle Dazzle BreemanV-Neck Pullover 
Octavia Arthur Stripe Infinity Scarf


This was a cute, basic sweater and it fit well. It was itchy though, so I sent it back. The scarf was really cute, but I have some where around 7,453 scarves so I couldn't justify it (Come on over, vermin.). I sent these back as well.

Daniel Rainn Vallarta Tassel Tie Top


This top was adorable. It fit well and it was different from anything I had in my closet. I was all set to keep this, but then I realized that the little button on one of the sleeves was broken, so that I wouldn't be able to roll up and secure the sleeves except on one side. I felt like that might cause some equilibrium issues, so sadly, I had to send it back. 

Edyson Hampton Corduroy Skinny Jean


These green cords are really cute and fun for fall and the holidays. I kept these. I found this rosy/beige sweater at Old Navy that was a fraction of the price of the above sweater and put it with this Noonday scarf and boots. I think they could be cute with different shoes and a fancier top for a holiday party as well. 

Now on to Box #2 which arrived the day before Thanksgiving. It was so fun to have my mom here when it arrived because I could try everything on and get legit opinions from her since she has two x chromosomes. The people here with that xy chromosome business tend to comment the same exact thing on every outfit I show them. Something along the lines of "Yea. It's good. Did you go to the grocery store today? What is there to eat?"

Here's what Mom and I got to peruse in my November box.

Seychelles Snare Cozy Shearling Booties



These booties were great. 

(Pause. I can't say the word "booties". I just can't. I don't know why. It's like the word "moist" or "ointment" or "chunks"or the word for the end of a baby bottle which I cannot even type. There is no rational explanation for my aversion to certain words. In any case, from here on out, I will refer to any form of the above pictured type of  footwear - no matter how tall or short - as boots and only, boots. Thank you for your kind understanding. You now may return to your regularly scheduled blog post.)

I loved the lining and these would be great for keeping your feet warm while you're enduring the "Forced Family Fun" that is choosing a Christmas tree with all of your people or standing outside in the freezing cold wind, holding the bottom of a ladder while affirming your husband's effort to rival Clark Griswold's decorating prowess.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I already have a pair of grey suede boots (albeit with a higher heel) that I love. They are from the Ivanka Trump line and if you had told me when I bought them that my boots would have the same name as the president-elect, I would have thought you needed to settle down and get a grip on reality. 

(Ahem. Anyway, let's all breathe deeply, America, and know that everything is going to be okay, and no matter your political beliefs, at least we can look forward to the fact that surely Ivanka is going to kill it with her Inauguration wardrobe. Right? Right.) 

Papermoon Timmers Lace Detail Blouse

This top was really cute. It was plaid which is one of my love languages and also had some lace detail on the shoulders which made it interesting and a little dressier. Unfortunately, this didn't fit exactly like I hoped it would because . . .um . . . the short answer is "carbohydrates". Still, I put this little outfit together to show you what a cute top it would be if it wasn't gathered up on one's muffin top. I had to send it back after the photo. 



Here's the back.



Market & Spruce Bernadette Lace Overlay Raglan Top

This top was so soft and comfortable that I could wear it to sleep. Despite the fact that it was so comfortable it has a slim fit without being too tight. I thought it would look great with a pair of black jeans and my grey Ivanka boots. It could even be dressed up with a skirt and some blingy jewelry. This was a keeper.



Coffeeshop Corleese Double Breasted Knit Jacket

I was super excited about this jacket when I pulled it out of the box. I am not able to wear a lot of winter coats and jackets because they generally have wool in them which makes my eyes and skin itch. This was lightweight, but warm and as soft as a sweatshirt. Unfortunately, the waist was WAY too high and the jacket was too short for me. I kept pulling it down and trying to adjust the belt. Blah. I had to return it.





Just Black Cordelia Skinny Jean

The last item was a pair of black jeans that are pictured in the photos above. I have a pair of black jeans so I sent them back.

Well, that's it for today. I actually received a Stitch Fix gift card from my sister-in-law for Christmas two years ago. It was a great gift for me. I continue to run into lots of people who have tried it and the reviews are honestly, mixed. In any case, I am a fan. If you have a friend/sister/sister-in-law/mom/girl person who loves fashion and maybe hates shopping or just would love a fun little box of goodies each month or even every other month, I'd suggest a gift card to Stitch Fix to get her started. You can go to www.stitchfix.com and if you do, I'd be so grateful if you'd use my referral code below.

stitchfix.com/referral/4559584

Have a great day, Friends!

No comments: