Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September's Stitch Fix Summary

Good morning, Friends!

It's Stitch Fix Review Day here at The View From Behind Home Plate. I received a box a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately I wasn't able to keep any of the items.

Actually, "unfortunately" is a relative term because I feel like a certain someone in my house would pull that prefix off that word right quick. This box came right on the heels of the Nordstrom Sale of Summer 2017, otherwise known as the period of time where my husband asked me "You need boots? I didn't realized we were out of boots. We're out of jeans? That's weird. I thought we had jeans."

The problem with this box was not necessarily the style of each item, but  the fit. I was really surprised by that since it has been very, very rare that all of the items I've received haven't fit perfectly. What was even more surprising was that two of the items were too small and two of them were too big.

Life is a mystery, y'all. These are the types of questions we will likely not know the answer to on this side of heaven.

Anyway, I do continue to be a Stitch Fix devotee and have no plans to cancel my subscription. I thought most of the things were super cute, and even better I thought they did a great job of choosing pieces that could easily transition from summer to fall, so I thought they were worth sharing.

Here's a look at the pieces I received paired with some of the stuff in my closet.


Spade & Heart
Cally Tie Front Top


This navy top was really cute with a great little tie at the top. I am totally down with a flowy top especially at the end of a season in which I spent a lot of time with Ben and Jerry, but this was really too flowy. There was too much fabric so that it bordered on maternity-ish.

Jeans/Clutch from Stitch Fix Two Years Ago/Sandals From Target Many Years Ago/Similar Here


Kaileigh
Katina Knit Dress


I thought this dress would be a really versatile piece for fall when in a 24 hour period, you're not really sure if you are going to be sweating or freezing. Unfortunately, it was way, way, way too tight. And for emphasis: "WAAAYYY". (Thanks, Ben and Jerry.)



Colette
Chavez Pop Color Cuff Knit Top


This top has my name written all over it. I love the stripes. I love the neckline. I love the colored cuffs.

What's the problem, lady?

The problem here is that I have a top incredibly similar that Stitch Fix sent me a couple of years ago that is in my very own closet right this minute.

And also, the aforementioned "WAAAAYYY too tight." Ugh.

Similar Black Denim Here/Flats from WAY long ago/Similar Flats Here
Y'all: The black bag is from SteinMart 10 years ago. I am not kidding.
Do what you will with that info. I have loved it forever.


Crescent
Amparo Tie Neck Tunic



I do love a tunic top, but for a short girl, it can be tricky. There can't be too much extra fabric or you look like you just threw on your jeans under your nightgown. I don't wear red very often, but I liked this and the fringe on the hem was a bonus. Unfortunately, this was just too big all over. Too long and too wide, just a lot of TOO. Insert sad face.



Octavia
Charlotte Striped & Floral Print Scarf


This scarf was fine. Apparently, all the ice cream I ate this summer didn't make it to my neck, so this actually fit. It's just that I went through a scarf addiction phase not too long ago and my closet has more scarves in it than is logical right now. I do want to point out that this Old Navy dress is practically zero dollars, is flowy in all the right ways, and can be worn year round depending on how you style it. I'm not the boss of you, but if I were you, I'd snag one today.


Y'all have a great Tuesday  that feels like a Monday!!

If you want to try Stitch Fix for yourself, I'd love it if you'd use my referral code HERE

GO

No comments: