Friday, October 13, 2017

5 Friday Favorites: October 13, 2017 Edition

It's time for 5 Favorite Things on a Friday. Have a look!


1. All The Plaid For Fall


It's finally feeling like fall here this week and if you've read here long enough, you know I am a sucker for plaid all the time, but especially in the fall. I bought this shirt a few weeks ago at Gap. Since my moral code prohibits me from wearing another college's spirit wear I chose it for the blue/grey colors and wore it to Penn State when we went there for a tailgate and game a few weeks ago. I love the fit. It was perfect for wearing tucked, half tucked or untucked. So, basically it meets all your tucking needs. Gap is having 40% off with the code HAPPY.


Here's a photo of my boys and me at PSU just so you can see that you don't have to be all pensive and moody in your plaid Gap shirt like that model. What's her problem? Maybe she needed to go untucked?


In addition to plaid, I'm a sucker for St. Patrick's Day, so just think about how happy your March 17, 2018 self will be if you have this in your closet that day. It's already on sale and you can get an additional 50% off with the code LUCKYU so obviously JCrew has St. Paddy's Day on the brain, too.



Also, maybe the fall weather just makes you want to watch Netflix all weekend. Or maybe you're like me and you know that the Texas Longhorns seem to prefer to push a lot of their games to double overtime. (Lord, have mercy.) No matter the time of kick-off and no matter whether they win or lose, the Horns tend to force me to take to my bed after a game. If you're going to need to be prepared for immediate lounging and/or sleeping, these plaid nightshirts are on sale at Nordstrom.

2. Sapling Press Greeting Cards




Last weekend when I was in Texas for my high school reunion, my friend Lori and I went shopping around our old, yet newly revamped, town square. Our square used to boast a donut shop, a hardware store and a flower shop to meet all your Homecoming Mum needs and that was about it. Now it is teaming with cute little boutiques and shops. We stayed in one shop forever and read every last greeting card by this company. We were cracking up and eventually each bought at least four cards that we'll probably end up sending to each other. So funny.

3. Chance the Rapper


Y'all. This is gonna seem super weird because usually I put songs on Friday Favorites that I hear on Christian radio and also I AM OLD. I don't know anything about this guy except that this summer a bunch of the young folk in our area went to see him in concert. As previously mentioned I am OLD, so I just kind of scoffed at the whole thing because "those crazy kids". I somehow happened on this performance last week and I cannot even pretend to be hip enough or smart enough or enlightened enough to know exactly what all he is getting at here, but this is what I can tell you. I watched it three times and I cried every time. Not just teary or a little choked up, but legit tears were rolling down my cheeks and I don't even really know why. I'm not sure I really get it, but I think it's beautiful.  My kid is going to be so embarrassed that his dumb ol' mom thinks she's cool listening to Chance the Rapper, but he's going to have to deal. I'm a fan of this song/poem/rap/what-have-you. Also, I'm old.

4. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer


I bought a trial size of this primer at Ulta awhile ago and I really didn't know exactly the purpose, but I figured that at this point in my life, since there seemed to be no spackling or caulk available, this might be a good call. I actually bought it again recently and I think it does help makeup go on smoother and maybe helps it stay put. It's also supposed to help with fine lines and wrinkles and large pores. Whatever, I don't know about that. I could be throwing my money away, but things are getting real around here on my face, so I am sticking with it.

5. If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free by Jamie Ivey




I've mentioned Jamie Ivey's podcast here before and I listen to it every week. She recently wrote her first book and I was lucky to sign up for her launch team so that I just finished an advanced copy. Jamie is so honest and open about her journey. She emphasizes the ways God pursues us no matter how far we run from Him. It is a beautiful, vulnerable story that it worth your time. The book doesn't release until January, but you can pre-order it HERE.

Have a great weekend! And GO HORNS! BEAT OU!!!

Disclosure: The View From Behind Home Plate is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn small fees by linking to amazon.com

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm loving that it's time for all the plaid again... bring it on! And what a cute picture of you and your boys.