Friday, April 13, 2018

5 Friday Favorites: April 13, 2018



Happiest of Fridays to you, Friends! It's going to be 83 degrees today and I am simply beside myself about it! It's time for my Friday link up with A Little Bit of EverythingGrace and Love, and Momfessionals

 Here are some of my favorite things from this week.

1. Tops for Spring

As previously mentioned, I am giddy about the sun and the temperatures today. I feel like everyone in the world is my best friend. If you see me in the 'hood today, be careful because I might hug you or something weird like that. I am so ready to get rid of the long sleeves and coats and move on to short sleeves. Here are some cute tops I found this week.

As usual Loft has some great tops for spring and they are 30% off today and 10% more off when you buy three.


This Lace Yoke Flutter Shell would look great with white jeans. And it is officially okay to wear white now according to the calendar and most importantly, to my grandmother who was adamant that no one wear white between Labor Day and Easter.

Speaking of white, my favorite look for spring and summer is a pretty feminine white top with jeans. And Loft has so many white blouses to choose from.


This Petite Lacy Pleated Shell is perfect.



I love the back detail on this one .



I also like this Eyelet Flutter Top.




I'm also seeing a lot of this mustard yellow color and I love it, but I am not my best self in this color which makes me really sad. Maybe you are made for this color. If so, please get this from Old Navy.

After reading this and using the word "top" so many times it occurs to me that men would never use the word "top" to describe their shirts. I think next time my husband comes downstairs I'm going to say, "I really like your top." and see what happens.

2. Everyday Holy by Melanie Shankle



There is no other writer that I follow more closely than Melanie Shankle. That sounds just a little bit like I'm a stalker. What I mean is, she has a blog and I never miss it when she posts. She has written four books and I just love her writing style - she is funny and real and faithful. I preordered her devotional Everyday Holy and it came yesterday. I am a devotional junkie and I just know that this will be one of my favorites.

3. No Longer by Nichole Nordeman



I know I have mentioned Nichole Nordeman's album, Every Mile Mattered, one or seventeen times. It's just that it seems that even though I've listened to the album over and over, I keep finding a new favorite song.

This is the thing. Many of my friends and I find ourselves in a weird season.

(Actually, sometimes I wonder if every season feels weird and transitional? It seems if we're living, we're usually moving toward something or away from something, right? This might be a whole topic for another day.)

For now, many of my friends and I find ourselves at a time in our lives that as our kids grow older and leave, the world seems to be opening up in wonderful and exciting ways. And yet, all that wonder and excitement can scare the living daylights out of a person. It seems that some of those goals I put off while I was raising my kids might be ready to be addressed and it is scary because what if I'm not ready? What if they're not ready? What if I'm not equipped? What if I missed the boat? What if the dream is silly? What if I heard God wrong? All of those thoughts keep swirling in my head. I came home from a run the other day after listening to this song and wrote down every word including this, "I thought living safe meant living stronger, No longer." Maybe you need that message, too, today.

4. it Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer



I have been using the Rodan and Fields Redefine regimen for a bit over a year. I think it's great. I don't think it's miraculous. I am still committed to continuing with R&F for at least a little while, but I ran out of the night time moisturizer recently and since I had picked up a sample size of this moisturizer from Ulta, I've been using it. I have to say I LOVE IT SO MUCH. My skin is super dry and dehydrated according to the lady who gave me a facial recently. This stuff is really thick going on, but absorbs quickly so it doesn't feel sticky or like it's sitting on your face all night.

5. Note To Self Socks


My sister-in-law and brother-in-law recently gave me a couple of pairs of these socks. I'm kind of a weirdo about never wanting to be barefoot pretty much anywhere except on the beach, so I need A LOT of socks. These are my very favorite running socks, but the Note To Self socks are a close second. These are a really cute gift and can give your friend a little boost. Or yourself because who doesn't need a little boost?

Bonus Favorite: My New Favorite Sportscaster


My kid has about three weeks left of his freshman year. Here he is (left) "in the booth" broadcasting at the Penn State Baseball Game last week. I'm certain he has learned an enormous amount this year. And I'm more certain that it is a fraction of what I've learned from him. Thanks for teaching me this year to dream big, show up, work hard, and do it all over again the next day. I'm so shamelessly proud of you, Joe Skinner.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!



Disclosure: The View From Behind Home Plate is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn small fees by linking to amazon.com

No comments: