Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Sorrow of a Silent Season


https://teechip.com/i-need-the-baseball-season-back


To be honest, I waited and waited and waited to write this April post for NVTBL. I thought maybe if I held out long enough, I'd be able to write about the triumphant return of America's favorite pastime. Maybe we'd be able to salvage some of the high school or college season. Maybe we'd be readying for our World Champion Washington Nationals to take the field again.

I knew deep down that it was a futile hope, but still I kept waiting. Instead, here we are at Tuesday, April 28, 2020 and I'm not doing what I was supposed to be doing on Tuesday, April 28, 2020.

My calendar for today reads:

JV vs. Briar (A) - 6:00 PM - Drew




Tonight I should be driving across town to watch my son play baseball with his teammates. It should be the second meeting between Briar Woods High and Freedom High. It should be the 12th game of the season.

READ THE REST HERE


2 comments:

Kim Taylor said...

I am a baseball Auntie and a very proud one at that. My nephew is the #1 Relief pitcher in all of D1 baseball and he will be drafted next month. His last season with UCLA was cut short damn Covid 19. But he has handled it with much more grace then I ever would have. I cant wait to see which baseball team will draft him. So far 17 of 30 teams have spoken to him. You can bet that whatever team he ends up, will become my favorite team (well unless its the Dodgers because hubby and I HATE the dodgers - we are die Hard SF Giants fans! HA) but I will still love Holden, if that's where he goes. Anyway, sorry about the loss of all the things you had this spring. I feel you.

Jenn said...

Wow! That is exciting, Kim! Good luck to your nephew - sounds like he's got lots more baseball in his future!