Tuesday, November 26, 2019

World Champion Wisdom: 7 Important Lessons from the 7 Game Series



Coast Mountain News

If you're reading this article at NVTBL you are likely a baseball fan from the Washington, DC area. So, it follows that you are aware that our Washington Nationals won the World Series a mere three weeks ago. Futhermore, if you're like me, you have not stopped thinking about it for a single day since. I'm not sure when I will tire of the tweets and articles and celebration photos of the Nats' very first championship.

As usual, I discover a lot of life lessons through following sports at all levels - from youth and high school teams to college and professional. These definitely come in handy as I raise my three boys who have played and/or watched all manner of sports since the time they were four or five years old.

The Washington Nationals' historic win was no exception and offered me a plethora of examples of how sports can teach us lessons useful far beyond the ballpark. As we watched the series go all the way to seven games, I couldn't help but point out to my people all of the wisdom we could extract from our hometown heroes.

Here are just a few themes I've brought up at the dinner table and in text conversations over the past few weeks.

(And if you're wondering, the answer is "Yes." Yes, it makes the boys tired. So be it. Mama will not be deterred.)

READ THE REST HERE.

No comments: