Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Daybook/3-21-2012

I got this Daybook idea from reading a lot of great blogs...blogs of women who are much more interesting than me.  Anyway, it's a fun and good way to record your day and your thoughts.  If I was still teaching, I would totally use this in my Language Arts writing class.  And then I would promptly tell my students not to ever use the word totally in their writing

Outside my window:
It is misty and grey, but I can't complain because God blessed us with many a cloudless, sunny day in the past few months in Virginia and also with the warmest winter I've experienced in my almost 20 years here. This Texan's heart is so grateful and her husband appreciates the unusual lack of whining she's done this winter.

I am thinking:
about whether grey is spelled gray or grey and found out that my dictionary says either way is fine.  These are the things that I think about now that I'm trying not to look like a moron writing a blog.

I am thankful:
for the "Green Lambs", the one year olds that I was blessed to care for today during Community Bible Study.  It was my day to help in childcare and I got to read The Hungry Little Caterpillar, The Very Busy Spider and The Very Quiet Cricket and sing Jesus Loves Me with some cutie pies.

In the kitchen:
This prompt makes me laugh because I imagine I will be leaving this blank most of the time since the kitchen and I don't get along very well, but today there is one of those Ziploc bags of Amish Friendship bread batter on my counter.  It has a schedule where you just have to "mush the bag" 9 out of 10 days.  Then on the 10th day you add about 14 lbs of flour and sugar and milk and goodness and it makes this great bread that my kids love. I'm really good at the mushing part, but not so much at the other cooking/baking part.

I am wearing:
jeans, a navy tank top, a red, white and blue Old Navy scarf (actually, very Independence-Day-in-Marchish) and sandals...and a bit of mushed goldfish cracker in my hair from one of the Green Lambs.

I am reading:
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty.  Y'all, I reckon it is one of the dern best books I ever did read.

I am wondering:
how long I'll keep talking like a Texas cowboy driving cattle to Montana.  I reckon it'll be until I start a new book since when I read The Help, I kept saying "Law, chile'" to each of my boys and when I read Gone with the Wind a few months ago, I kept saying "Fiddle dee dee, I'll think about that tomorrow". Then it was "It's raining like a madman" while I was reading The Catcher in the Rye.  Do y'all reckon that's like plagiarism?

I am praying for:
A number of His people who I love and who I know are struggling mightily with life in general these days. Begging God's grace and guidance for these beautiful, but broken souls and hoping they will know how much they are loved.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Um...baseball, baseball and some more baseball? Oh!  and a date night with old friends this weekend.  I promise I'll take a shower after all the baseball and before the date night.

Ok, so I think in order to use this daybook idea I'm required to provide the link to the original daybook idea guru and that would be http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and then I'm supposed to do something described as permalink and I really don't get it because I'm new to this blogging thing, so I hope I do it right.  Because really, if I get sued or something due to this boring post, this whole blog thing will have turned out to be a really bad idea.  Plus, I reckon I'm about to get sued by Larry McMurty for speaking like a Texas Ranger anyway. 

1 comment:

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

I loved this post! I also live in Virginia (Shenandoah Valley) and have been very grateful for the mild winter.