Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Daybook: May 14, 2012

Outside my window:
It is pouring down rain L

I am thinking:
About a little man who is turning three today and praying that he is having a wonderful birthday.

I am thankful:
That I live in such a generous, loving community who came out to support our neighbor, Sara, at a benefit concert and silent auction on Saturday night. 

In the kitchen:
There is a new cookbook with pretty pictures in it.  Wish we could eat the pictures.

I am wearing:
Running shorts, a Nike tank top and running shoes, but, I am a big fraud because there is no chance I’m running in this weather.

I am wondering:
When I will ever be old enough to stop crying throughout the entire Mother’s Day church service because I miss my mommy, who is all kinds of awesome. You can read about her here.

I am reading:
I finished Growing up Colt and will have a few thoughts about the book and a little gushing about young Mr. McCoy coming soon for you people. 

I am hoping:
That God can give me the right words to help my children understand the difficult and painful circumstances in life.  I’m finding these conversations difficult and painful, probably because I don’t understand them either.  *sigh*

I am listening to:
The swish of a washing machine full of dirty baseball pants.

On my IPod:
By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North

I am praying:
For patience to wait upon the Lord and His timing.

I am learning:
That no matter how strong my faith and trust may be one day, the very next day they can be just out of my reach and that again as Ann Voskamp says, "Trust is work".

A favorite quote for today:
“We are in danger of forgetting that we cannot do what God does, and that God will not do what we can do.” – Oswald Chambers in My Utmost for His Highest

Verse for today:
“I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

One of my favorite things:
My tough guy 11 year old wearing pink socks and a pink wristband for his Mommy during his Mother’s Day Doubleheader.

Around the house:
Some people have candy dishes.  My house has Nerf Bullet dishes…just in case, you find yourself in battle with a couple of 7 year olds.  You can never be sure.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I’m pretty sure my couch looks like it could have come from the set of Sanford and Son.  It has seen better days and I think it’s time to shop for a new one.

A peek into my (yester)day:
Mother’s Day – Wear a Hat Day – at church. (And where are my children's teeth?) Bunch of smirkers.

2 comments:

Jerralea said...

Aw, cute pic of your boys and you with your white hat! I do not have a "hat kind of head" so I admire anyone who does.

I see you've been reading Ann Voskamp - so do I - and I totally agree that trust is work. But if we don't get it today, we can keep trying. Praise God for second, third and thousand chances!

Thanks for the reminder that He has overcome the world - and through Him, we can too!

Jenn said...

I've never felt like I had a "hat kind of head" either, so that was sweet! Thanks for commenting and yes, Praise Him for another chance today to keep on keepin' on!