Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Daybook: May 7, 2012

Outside my window:
Cloudy and grey.

I am thinking:
That I am happy to be home with all of my people under one roof.  Kyle and Steve were away last weekend and Joe and I just got back last night.  This is our life of three boys and travel baseball and it is a blessing, but sometimes I really don’t like it.  I want to gather everyone in my bed, turn on a movie and lock the door.

I am thankful:
For the other side of that coin.  The opportunity to spend time alone with one of my boys is a gift.  Joe and I had a great time together talking and joking and singing all the way to Hershey, PA for his tournament and then we also did some screaming on some "sick" roller coasters at Hershey Park.

In the kitchen:
My husband emptied the dishwasher while I was gone and filled it up again and the kitchen was clean.  Shock and awe.

I am wearing:
White and navy pjs and a navy hoodie…I match which is bizarre because I’m barely awake.

I am going:
On a 1st grade field trip to Mount Vernon, home of George Washington, tomorrow. I love Virginia and 1st graders.  Praying for no rain.

I am wondering:
How long it will take me to detox from amusement park food.  I might have glimpsed a vegetable in the three days we were gone, but I don’t think so.

I am reading:
(still)Growing Up, Colt by Brad McCoy and his son, Colt McCoy.  If you have a son who loves sports or you love the Texas Longhorns or you love Jesus or really, even if you just know how to read, you should read it. And we’re nearing the end of the Gospel of John in CBS and it’s brutal and hopeful all at the same time.  Also, my baseball mom friends and I might have passed a People magazine or two around the bleachers this weekend.

I am hoping:
That when Joe is an umpire this week that the adults will behave and have some perspective about the fact that yelling at a 13 year old in front of a bunch of 8 year olds is probably not what you really intended to do when you woke up in the morning.  It is a good lesson for me, as I have gotten caught up in the heat of games as well.  Deep breaths everyone.   Joe lets it roll off his back, but mommies don’t do that so well.

I am listening to:
ESPN Sports Center, of course.  The boys left it on when they left for school.  This is the soundtrack of my morning and I’m wondering if that sound will only be a constant in my head during my earthly life or that as I enter the gates of heaven, I’ll hear the angels sing:  Duh, duh, duh…duh, duh, duh!!!

On my IPod:
You are More by Tenth Avenue North

I am praying:
For someone making a big transition in the near future and that she will be strong and courageous, knowing that the Lord is with her.  Also, could you please continue to pray for Sara, a neighbor fighting cancer, and for her children?

A favorite quote for today:
“Prepare your children for the path, not the path for your children.”  - Brad McCoy in Growing Up Colt:  A Father, a Son, a Life in Football

Verse for today:
“Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid;  do not be discouraged.  For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9

One of my favorite things:
Roller Coasters with my 13 year old at Hershey Park (Don’t I look like I love it?)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Based on roller coaster pictures, I am pretty sure that it’s time to call my guy for a full highlight.  My hair flying back at 70 miles an hour reveals some unsightly dark roots.  Thank you, Hershey Park for putting hair appointment on the agenda this week.

Daybook Idea:  http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: