Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Daybook: June 18

Outside my window:
It is grey and raining.
I am thinking:
how hard it is to be away from my Texas people and about how a conversation with my 5 year old amazing, brilliant, compassionate niece can bring my heart through so many emotions: 
"I made a rainbow butterfly for Drew on this page and that page and another one on that page." (heart laughs)
"Ok, so come over now. I want you to come over now so I can give the butterflies to Drew." (heart aches)
"Why, Why, Aunt Jenn?  Why do you live so far away?  I really, really want you to live here." (heart breaks)
"Ok, I have to go.  I have to make another butterfly with red and blue and purple and green. I love you, Aunt Jenn."(heart full, tears spill, consider calling realtor, calm down.  Love is powerful, more powerful than miles.)
I am thankful:
for my parents and the fact that they continue to do exactly what God requires of them in every situation, even in the unexpected.  Their hearts are so full of grace and compassion and love that they spill out all over the people He puts in their lives*.  The worlds of many, adults and children, are better because of them.  I am sure of it.
In the kitchen:
It still smells like jalapenos from the "Grilled Quesadillas with Sweet Corn, Shrimp and Jalapeno Pesto" that I made for my man's Father's Day dinner.  Oh, yes I did...all by myself.  How 'bout that?
I am wearing:
pink pj pants and a white tshirt.
I am going:
to make a chore chart today...little do they know...hee.hee.hee.
I am wondering:
if I can actually make the chore chart work without getting frustrated and saying, "FORGET IT.  I'LL DO IT MYSELF"  (I guess the caps would indicate yelling, not saying.  Pray for me...and them.)
I am reading:
Prep...forget it.  I don't care about that character.  The lovely and talented Mrs. C. told me I wouldn't and I should always listen to LTMC.  I read about a whole bunch of celebrity weddings in People this weekend and I really wish that Matthew McConaughey would've invited me to his wedding because it sounded right up my alley.  And Texas coach Mack Brown was there.  I guess my invitation got lost.
I am hoping:
to run a lot more than I eat this week.  I read about some Dr. Oz detox thing this weekend and it sounded disgusting and I think I need to try it.  I just have to figure out what millet is.
I am looking forward to:
finding our way to the pool this week. 
I am learning:
to trust in the Lord with all my heart and to rely not on my own understanding.  Still learning...everyday.
I am praying for:
my brave and tenacious sister-in-law who is continuing her journey to better her health and her life.  She has lost well over 100 pounds in the last two years and is having a long surgical procedure today.  Might you send up a prayer for her today?
I am listening to:
my husband turn the pages of the newspaper.  That's it..everyone is asleep.
On my Ipod:
Delirious by Prince came on the shuffle the other day when I was running.  Made for a happy pace.
A favorite quote for today:
"The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image.  Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them"  -Thomas Merton:  No Man Is an Island
A verse for today:
*"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose" - Romans 8:28
One of my favorite things:
CHICKEN FIGHT!!!!



2 comments:

Jerralea said...

Great pictures!

Thanks for quoting one of my favorite scriptures. I stand on Romans 8:28.

Sounds like your parents are true blessings! And your niece sounds sweet, too. (Even if she is piling guilt on you!)

Romi said...

Hi, I have come here through the simple woman's daybook. Romans 8:28 is one of my favorite, too.

Blessings to you.