Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Daybook: June 12 (and a Bunch o' Baseball photos)

Outside my window:
There has been a blazing hot sun for the last few days, but it is looking like rain right now...I have no problem with that today.
I am thinking:
that in the last four days among 3 boys, 3 travel baseball teams and 2 Little League baseball teams we have had 3 practices and 13 games in 3 Virginia towns and 1 ecstatic little redheaded boy whose team won the 8U Championship.  That's a whole lot of baseball and a whole lot of gatorade and record amount of dirt.

I am thankful:
for that smelly, dirty Tahoe that has kept our family safe and takes me all over the state trying to get to at least one inning of each of my boys' games and for no speeding tickets.

In the kitchen:
There's going to have to be some vegetables and nutrition happening soon since my kitchen has been empty all weekend.  I think the first reaction when I yell, "Guys, Dinner!" is for my children to look around for the nearest concession stand.

I am wearing:
a t-shirt and my husband's navy boxers that have elephants on them.  I slept forever and I could've kept sleeping but I had to wake up and do some parenting.  I need new pjs...I look like a hungover Republican. 

I am going:
to do an enormous amount of laundry, buy a vegetable or six and probably break up 342 fights over the Xbox until I freak out and tell them to go read a book.
I am wondering:
if I can just chill out and let them play Xbox on the 2nd day of summer without stressing out that I need to pull out the flash cards and poetry.  It's raining, it's summer...chill out, mama.
I am reading:
Prep, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.  Lots of magazine reading in between games this weekend.  Our book club is thinking of an Ernest Hemingway book since we just finished The Paris Wife.  I'm not sure it will be a happy read.  Bless his heart.
I am hoping:
for maybe two Little League Championships on Wednesday night.  Kyle and Drew will play in the Majors and Single A championships at two adjacent fields.  Steve will coach the Majors and Joe will ump the Single As and Mommy will walk back and forth between the two fields.  Might be a little greedy, but I'll still hope. 

I am looking forward to:
not being in my smelly car much today.
I am learning:
lessons in gratitude for little things...boys who (try to) carry their sleepy brother to bed, a daddy who succeeds at getting the little man to bed, sunny skies, pool parties and sitting on the porch talking to my hubby.

I am listening to:
rain fall, dryer spin, boys cheering their virtual baseball plays.

On my Ipod:
I listened to my Bon Jovi Greatest Hits on the way to many a baseball field this weekend and I forgot how much I love this song.  Careful though...one word at the beginning...turn down the volume on the second line.  I have a thing for Mr. Bon Jovi...my husband is aware.
A favorite quote for today:
"Mom, did you see me trip and fall when I was running to second base?  I didn't even do that on purpose!" - Drew, during Single A play-off game.  (Yes, I saw it.  Very happy to hear it wasn't on purpose...not the most graceful move, but he was safe.)

A verse for today:
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing one another in love.  Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."  Ephesians 4:2-3
One of my favorite things:
These buddies going off to Middle School.  I clearly have enough boys in my house, but I would take in every single one of them.  Stay gold, Ponyboys.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I warned you about Prep!!!!! And speaking of Hemingway, did you see the HBO movie on him w/Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman? Your favorite things are 1000 times better than either of these 2 things. Let's hope they stay gold without having to bleach their hair and hide out in an abandoned church for being involved in the death of some Soc with Mustangs and madras.
Love, Mrs. C
(maybe the C stands for Mrs. Soda-pop Curtis....Rob L. has made his blog appearance too!)

collettakay said...

We headed for vacation the day after school got out. Now the "real" summer begins. The breaking up of fights, the "this is boring", etc. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean ;)

Here's my daybook:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/06/simple-womans-daybook-61712.html

Colletta