Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Daybook: July 9, 2012

Outside my window:
It's about 20 degrees cooler than it was yesterday at this time.   I might get to run today without stopping to stand in every sprinkler I see along the way.

I am thinking:
of my mom who is in the hospital with a stomach issue.  She is a tough cookie though and might be mad that I mentioned this and that I'm thinking too much about her.  She already told me not to worry about it, Jennifer Lynne.  They said she might get to leave tomorrow, but she is FINE and she says it'll be today.  Okie, Dokie.

I am thankful:
again, for the humor of my dad.  With my heart uneasy with my mom in the hospital over the weekend, I got this text just before I went off to church: "Mom is doing OK this morning.  They are going to do a CATSCAN to look for any cats."  Then I texted him that mom was really more of a dog person and he should request a DOGSCAN.  I'm betting he actually did say that to the doctor.  I think perhaps our family is a bit tiresome for the medical professionals.  But I'm thankful for my daddy.  He makes me giggle when I want to cry.

In the kitchen:
it's fairly empty and I need to go grocery shopping.

I am wearing:
Nike green running shorts and black Nike top.  Just do it.

I am going:
To take Joe to the airport to send him to stay for a week with my in-laws in Georgia to attend a golf camp.

I am wondering:
Why thinking about putting Joe on a plane suddenly makes my 13 and half year old kid look like this to me:



I am reading:
Paul's letter to the Ephesians this week.  Sermon series at church this summer will focus on Ephesians.

I am hoping:
to get outside in our cooler temperatures today after our 110 degree heat index this weekend.  Yes, little Miss Tough Texas gal who has frequently called Virginians wimpy in the summertime will admit it:  "Y'all it is too hot."

I am looking forward to:
watching the 11/12 AllStars try for win #3 tonight.

I am learning:
to look for moments of grace.

I am pondering:
how my pastor pointed out that Paul begins all of his prayers with thanks.  I'm pretty sure my prayers have not started that way lately.  They have started more along the lines of, "Really?  Really, God? Please fix this and do this and do that."  His grace in my life is everywhere and I must say THANK YOU first...always.

I am praying:
for my parents and their health, for wisdom and guidance for good friends who are making important decisions, for my sister-in-law as she undergoes another surgery today, for safe travels for my boy, for some 11 and 12 year old baseball players and for the peace that comes with trusting that He is listening to me even when I think He doesn't hear.  AND mostly, in the midst of suffering and worry, looking up and storming heaven with gratitude.

I am listening to:
ESPN SportsCenter

On my Ipod:
O Praise Him (All This for a King) by David Crowder Band.  Y'all - this is such a happy song...happy running, happy singing, happy, happy, happy.  Listen, sing, dance, run, be happy.

A quote for today:
"Fussing always ends in sin.  We imagine that a little anxiety and worry are an indication of how really wise we are;  it is much more an indication of how really wicked we are.  Fretting springs from a determination to get our own way.  Our Lord never worried and He was never anxious, because He was not "out" to realize His own ideas.  He was "out" to realize God's ideas." - Oswald Chambers in My Utmost for His Highest

A verse for today:
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed to us"  Romans 8:18

One of my favorite things:
Sunday nights on the porch after the storm blows through and brings the temperature from 102 to 83.

A few plans for the week:
Sister-in-law recovering here, orthodontist appointments, missing my biggest boy and hopefully at least three more baseball games to watch during weather that doesn't feel like we're playing on the surface of the sun.

A peek into my day:


Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: