Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Daybook: September 10

Outside my window:
It is absolutely the most perfect day.  Dear Summer, You know I love you, but you were coming on a  little strong with the 314% humidity last week, so thanks for backing off a bit.  I do love you though, Summer, I still do.
I am thinking:
that these Daybooks are supposed to be quick little snippets of writing.  I'll try today, but I have a feeling it won't work.  Sorry, if you have to take a bathroom break.
I am thankful:
for how God can work through a crap-iversary like he does.  I would be very, very suspicious of anyone trying to tell me that they know why terrible tragedies happen like this one.  I do not know and I'll talk to God about it when He and I meet up one day.  But Mrs. R. and I were boo-hooing and talking about how God can use something as "of the world" as Facebook and the Internet and to reach people and teach us about how we should honor life and cherish each and every moment He gives us.  He can stop us in our tracks and make us face it.  Facebook was full of love this weekend for Anna and her family.  FULL.  God works in mysterious ways, but He always works.  Always.  Come to think of it, we've got another one of those crap-iversaries to sit with tomorrow, huh?  
In the kitchen:
ground turkey...it's taco night.
I am wearing:
madras shorts, white button down shirt.
I am listening to:
the washer and dryer spin.
I am going:
to do some Monday stuff.
I am reading:
7:  An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker.  A friend recommended it to me, I bought it, another friend stole it from me (Kidding you, Mrs. R.) and then I got another one, just finished the first chapter and OH MY GRACIOUS.  The concept is completely nuts and radical AND it just might be absolutely, positively necessary. I think I might stalk the author next time I'm in Austin because I think she and I are best friends and she doesn't know it yet.  This one is going to need an entire post or six.
I am hoping:
that my cousin is resting comfortably with her little baby girl still cooking in there.  Stay put, little one.  And Britt - I'm sorry there is no more Oprah, but Snooki is on the front of People magazine...I didn't buy it because I'm getting all deep and pensive with the book above, but be sure to send the husband out for it. 
I am looking forward to:
getting to spend more time in the next few years with my best friend from high school, her awesome kids and her awesome husband.  No, RHS friends, I did not grow since high school - I am standing on a chair here, just so you know. 

Lori's "little" boy, me, Lori: in Virginia (Aggies in the background...yes, I watched...I was kind)


I am learning:
how true friends always pick up right where they left off.  I lost my voice from all the chatter.   Love you, Lori Sue.
I'm praying:
Ummm.  God?  Hi.  You know I've been praying like mad for someone for a long time...someone who really dug a big hole, but is really trying and trusting and working hard to dig out...finally doing the right thing and making the right choices..  And it just seems like more and more dirt keeps getting thrown in the hole either by people or circumstances or whatever.  So I was just hoping that  maybe you missed it when I heard about the latest stumbling block and then I pulled into the grocery store parking lot and beat my fists on the steering wheel and yelled really loud, "COME ON!" and then looked up (I suppose, looking for You on the ceiling of my Tahoe) and yelled again, "JUST ONE, GOD!  JUST ONE BREAK, PLEASE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING????"  Ummm...You didn't happen to notice that did Ya?  Oh, yes.  I imagine You might've.  Ummm...Sorry?  Because I know you've given countless breaks in this matter...I just forget because it just seems so hard and for a minute I just thought maybe You hadn't heard me, so I yelled really loud in my car.  And the people in the car next to me were probably wondering if the grocery store was out of chips and salsa or maybe they thought I was completely insane....a total banana sandwich, as the lovely and talented Mrs. C. would say.  God, I know this: "...your Father knows what you need before you ask him." (Matthew 6:7).  So this morning, I'm going to keep believing in You and Your goodness and Your timing and Your plan.  Sorry about the beating of the fists and the yelling and the banana sandwichness.
On my Ipod:
lots of Prince, Madonna and Bon Jovi in celebration of high school besties.
A quote for today:
"The most direct route between Point A and  Point B on your life-journey is the unwavering path of trust in Me"- Jesus Calling:  Enjoying Peach in His Presence
A verse for today:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." - James 1:2-3
One of my favorite things:
Guests at the breakfast table - husband's attempt to make a teary, tired boy cheer up about going to school this morning.

A few plans for the week:
Community Bible Study starts this week :)

A peek into my day:
I need to get a handle on this desk before my kids get home and give me the "pot calling the kettle black" speech.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The verse you quoted today is a favorite of my friend Rob who is undergoing treatment for his brain tumor. He is currently in isolation and only the 4th person in the WORLD to try this. He is one of the kindest, bravest,most adventurous people I know. Like your friend in the hole, I pray for healing for Rob.

Thank you for your blog. You never know how you will touch someone's day.
Linda W

Jerralea said...

I love when you said, " I'm going to keep believing in You and Your goodness and Your timing and Your plan."

It's great to know that His plans and purposes for our lives WILL come to pass.