Monday, December 3, 2012

(BORING)Monday Daybook: December 3, 2012

Outside my window:
it's 60ish degrees and will be close to 70 tomorrow.  Yippee!
I am thinking:
about how I don't feel like being productive today.
I am thankful:
for a Monday morning breakfast date with my hubby.
In the kitchen:
I am sitting in it.  I am not doing anything with any of the appliances in it.  It's 2012.  Shouldn't that oven just cook something up on its own?
I am wearing:
jeans and a striped yellow and grey shirt.
I am going:
to do laundry and pull out some Christmas decorations from the basement.  Oh my, but this post is excruciatingly boring.  {(Angie - I should've phoned this one in :)}
I am wondering:
if anyone stands in the line at the grocery store checkout and just knows that she forgot something really, really important and then remembers that there is a very dangerous shortage of toilet paper happening at her house and then feels so much relief that she remembered that she kinda feels like she just cheated death.  Nobody? Oh.
I am reading:
Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman Rubio.  Also, The Outsiders by SE Hinton to my oldest two boys.  I hope I don't cry through the whole thing.  It makes it really hard to read aloud.
I am hoping:
that an airplane will land safely in Houston and Chicago and then back home near me.
I am looking forward to:
discussing Esther and Beth Moore and courage with my Bible Study gals tomorrow.
I am pondering:
basketball season.  I LOVE IT.  I must learn to sit still though.  Must.sit.still.
On my Ipod:
for one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world and a Kappa Alpha Theta sister, Lynnie, on her birthday:  Freedom by George Michael because it reminds me of dancing in the Theta house and watching this video in Kara, Nicole and Courtney's room while getting ready to go to the KA house with you to dance some more.  I love you, Lynnie!!!  Happy day, my friend.
A quote for today:
"Courage comes from a heart that is convinced it is loved" - Beth Moore
I am praying:
for a relative of my friend, Debbie, and for courage and peace and miracles for her people.  Girl - you and I know that even if we write your person's name on a prayer request on the corner of an old grocery list, HE WILL HEAR US.  But, just so you know, I have a cute, fabric covered journal that I spent way too much money on at Anthropologie a few years back.  It's one of those that I thought would make me feel like a real serious, intellectual, fabulous writer if I wrote in it in a fancy pen.  So, I wrote "DEBBIE'S PERSON" in giant letters in my fancy, important pray journal, ok?  And then I wrote "MIRACLES and PEACE FOR DEBBIE AND HER PEOPLE".  And then I prayed the following verse because you know what, God? Debbie and I and a lot of other folks down here?  We do not get it.  We just don't understand.  We are flat out stumped.
A verse for the week:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 4:6-7
One of my favorite things:
watching Elf with my people, especially when it is on at the same time that my Texas Longhorns are losing AGAIN.
A few plans for the week:
I will probably think about getting some Christmas shopping done and imagine that I will be really ahead of the game and on top of things.  That will be the plan at least. 
A peek into my day:
Each year my wonderful sister-in-law gives my boys a World Vision Gift Catalog and a certain amount of money to spend in it.  Today we get to pick out some chickens or goats or stock in a fish pond or any number of life-transforming gifts to give children far, far away.  This is one of my favorite things to do for Christmas.  Thanks, Aunt Cindy!


Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

jennifer anderson said...

like you are really boring lol awesomeness is your name

B. said...

That sounds like a great gift from Aunt Cindy. Such a good idea!! I love Beth Moore Bible studies!!