Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm Just Sitting Here Watching the Wheel Go Round & Round

Hi.
We are experiencing technical difficulties here at The View Behind Home Plate today.  It seems that my laptop can't pick up the Wi-Fi signal.  Actually, the truth is that I have no idea what's wrong with my computer.  It's just that the spinny blue circle is happening.  That's all I can tell you.  I just made that Wi-Fi signal stuff up.

So, here's the thing:  I was going to write a very inspirational and touching post today.  It was going to be AMAZING.  But I cannot function much longer on this desktop computer because it reminds me of the Wang computers I used in 1992 at the Republican National Committee and I'm afraid I'll start writing an essay about how we should re-elect George H.W. Bush.  Actually, the truth is that I have absolutely nothing to write about today.  There is less than ZERO happening in my brain today, so that spinny circle has good timing.

I had planned to take my laptop to the Geek Squad people today.  I had planned to try very hard not to look like an idiot while handing the computer to those guys with a confused look on my face.  I had planned to try to say something more intelligent to them than, "Hi, Smart people.  Here's my laptop.  It has a spinny blue circle." Then I had planned to not start sweating and feeling like my head was going to explode when they start using words like modem and service provider and anti-virus software.  Actually, the truth is that I conveniently ran out of time to go to the Geek Squad because I spent too much time yapping with one of my favorite girlfriends, Mrs. Fitz, at Pei-Wei,  I'm sure those guys are a real blast, but I kinda like Mrs. Fitz, Pad Thai and refilling my Diet Coke at the fancy Coke machine a lot better than computer geeks.

Speaking of Diet Coke, this is a conversation that Drew and I had in the car the other day.

Drew:  "Mom, can I have some of your Diet Coke?"
Me:  "No, you can't.  It's not good for little kids.  It's actually not good for anyone."
Drew:  "When I grow up, I'm going to drink Diet Coke, I think.  And maybe, I might drink some beer."
Me:  "You know, just because you're a grown-up, it doesn't mean you have to drink either one.  It would be just fine if you decided not to drink Diet Coke or beer.  That would actually be a good decision."
Drew: "Really?  Oh.  I thought beer made you handsome, because Daddy likes beer."

Isn't that sweet?  Or something like that?

That's all I got today, y'all.  I'll check back in once I finish chatting it up with the smarty pants computer guys.

No comments: