Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Daybook: December 10, 2012

Outside my window:
it's dreary and rainy, but warm.  Yay.
I am thinking:
that I am a Texas Longhorn and a Dallas Cowboys fan going through a serious identity crisis.  I was so excited for Johnny Manziel when he won the Heisman and he is an AGGIE, y'all.  I got all choked up during his speech (except for the Gig 'em part).  But, how can you not love a guy whose nickname is Johnny Football?  And, then, I got all excited hearing that the Redskins beat the Ravens because of RGIII.  THE REDSKINS!  But, I think you have to be dead inside to not have a giant crush on RGIII and I'm talking about you, men, out there, too.  He is somethin' else, that one. And his smile is dreamy, is it not?  To my cousin, Matt:  YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.  Dreamy.
I am thankful:
for Sunday morning conversations with Mrs. R. when I am overwhelmed and weepy and she is reassuring and doesn't act like I'm a big ol' crybaby.  Then later in the day, she sends funny texts just to be sure I'm all better.  Girlfriends are THE BEST, especially mine.
In the kitchen:
I am baking cookies and it's early in the morning.  Who am I, seriously?
I am wearing:
Old Navy pj bottoms and an Old Navy tshirt that I just realized I am wearing inside out.  Still, it matches the bottoms.  What do you want from me?
I am going:
to order the Christmas cards, FINALLY.  Why do I let the Christmas card decisions give me such a giant headache?
I am wondering:
how Princess Kate is doing.  Poor girl. :(
I am reading:
The Outsiders.  Ponyboy is reading Gone with the Wind to Johnny and it is all I can do to not burst in to tears while I'm reading it to Joe and Kyle.  They are totally going to guess what happens if I don't pull myself together.
I am learning:
a few important items this week:  per Kyle:  that I only call people "darlin" when I am mad.  Per Drew: he would like to have a goatee.  A goat?  No, a goatee.  Doesn't matter.  Both of those ain't happening, darlin'.
I am hoping:
to get lots of Christmas shopping done this week and to be full of CHRISTMAS JOY at the same time.
I am looking forward to:
more of this.  JUMP HIGH, DREW!!



I am pondering:
what to make for dinner. There is no practice tonight.  We can sit down together to eat.  I have to bring it tonight, people.  No excuses.  I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
A quote for today:
back at ya, Mrs. R.

I am praying:
for many young people with cancer.  Big prayers with huge bold lettering in my fancy prayer journal.  For Emilie, Chris, Kyle and Reed and way too many more.  Fight hard, little people.
On my Ipod:
THIS. over and over and over again.
A verse for today:
"I in them and you in me.  May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." - John 17:23
One of my favorite things:
the fact that it is going to be 65 degrees today.  I love it that I'm not shivering on the way to the car yet. 
A few plans for the week:
A night out with some baseball moms from Joe's old team.  Missing you, Eagles Moms.  Can't wait!
A peek into my day:
I will try not to eat this entire plate of cookies before the kids get home.  I've had three for breakfast already and they aren't that good.  No lie.  This is why I don't bake.  How does Giada look like she does, people?  How?

Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

No comments: