Monday, January 28, 2013

Ice, Ice, Baby Daybook: January 28

Outside my window:
Ice falling from the sky which means three little boys are home today.
I am thinking:
of all the laundry and cleaning lessons a Snow Day can bring. 
I am thankful:
for my oldest boy who is always up for anything and everything.  I'm not sure I've ever heard him say, "That's boring."  He teaches me about being content in my circumstances.  God blessed me with  that one.  He is easy peasy.
In the kitchen:
there was a HUGE snow day breakfast this morning and a pretty good clean up job by the boys. 
I am wearing:
pjs
I am listening to:
basement basketball with commentary by Drew Skinner. Someone down there is AMAAAZZZINNNGG!
I am going:
to brave the roads later which I'm pretty sure are just wet by now for a trip to an indoor ice skating rink with friends. (I wonder if I can wear my pjs.)
I am reading:
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and 2 Kings. Y'all, those kings just DID NOT GET IT.  What the heck with the worshipping idols and the Ashram Poles and all that madness? 
I am hoping:
to get to run outside tomorrow.  Ice today, 60 tomorrow?  I'll take it.
I am wondering:
about the verse that says we serve a God "who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think." (Ephesians 3:20)  Wondering about purpose today.  What does He have for me with the writing or just the life and am I seeking the answer from Him with the true knowledge of how very great He is?  Or am I only seeking the answer with the knowledge of how small I think I am?
I am looking forward to:
watching Joe experience the Confirmation process this year.  Our youth directors seem to have a wonderful program planned and I am excited to see what God has in store for Joe and his friends.
I am learning:
About God's judgement and His mercy from studying Kings.  I am reminded of something a veteran teacher said to me when I was about to start my first day of teaching.  I was to have a student in my class that she had taught the previous year.  She said, "If that boy gives you any trouble, you call his parents first thing because, honey, they do not play."  I loved that.  I keep wanting to yell at those kings, "Dudes!  Are you kidding? The Lord, our God, does not play. Pull yourselves together!"  But I also know that God's mercy is so much more abundant than we deserve and He will always provide all of us, including yours truly, a way of escape.
I am praying:
for a friend struggling with decisions she is being forced to make for her marriage and her family.  I will pray everyday that she will start to feel as brave and strong as I know she is.
On my IPod:
THIS is my new favorite song.  Been mad at someone?  Maybe that someone is God?  He didn't forget your name, so don't forget His.  I love Brandon Heath's voice and his message.
I am pondering:
how many days until spring.
A quote for today:
"Your arms are too short to box with God." - Ms.  Faye from my Bible Study group.
A verse for today:
"You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." - Psalm 86:15
One of my favorite things:
The mature adults in my family

A few plans for the week:
writing a post about the Skinner Ski Trip of 2013 and how it is definitely NOT 1995 anymore.
A peek into my day:
Some Snow Day  Monopoly during which Drew "Donald Trump" Skinner will likely bankrupt the rest of the family with glee.


Daybook Idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: