Monday, March 11, 2013

You Might Want to Just Fold Some Laundry Instead Daybook: March 11,2013

Outside my window:
It's dark and late.
I am thinking:
about baseball season.  How it has hit me all at once.  How I am not ready.  How the cleats are too small and the socks have holes in them and the coolers need to be cleaned out.  How I just do not feel adequate today.  Not organized enough.  Not energetic enough.  Not at all enough. 
I am thankful:
for writing.  Even when I don't have anything remotely interesting or positive or sweet to write.  Even when I am in a horrible, no good, very bad mood.  Even when whoever stumbled on this edition of the daybook should probably go take out the trash or something instead.  Thank you God for giving me the writing.  I'll bet by the end of this Daybook, I'll feel better.  Sorry, reader.  That might not be the case for you.
I am listening to:
shower running, plane flying overhead, washing machine swishing, keyboard clicking.
I am wearing:
Nike running pants, Nike white running top, no shoes.
In the kitchen:
there is table full of someone's English project:  poster board, markers, crayons, scissors, glue stick, etc. and and it is taking everything in my power not to helicopter around it and give my one hundred and two cents.  This is not my project.  Repeat.  This is not my project.  Repeat.  This is not my project. 
I am going:
to clean out closets this week.  Take a look at the number of baseball caps we got going on here.  And these are just hats from ONE closet.  Do we need some sort of hoarder intervention here?  We've had coat drives and shoe drives and canned food drives at church.  Anyone know of a baseball cap drive?  Seriously, WWJHD?  What would Jen Hatmaker do?



I am wondering:
what in the world happened to all the water bottles that I have bought for the boys?  Not a single water bottle to be found before baseball practice today.  Not one.  I am certain someday I will find them stashed in some secret place with about 234 pacifiers that I never found.  Maybe we could just drink out of all the hats.
I am reading:
The Language of Flowers byVanessa Diffenbaugh
I am hoping:
to move out of the funk I'm in.  I think it's that it's March and I need March to be sunshine and heat.  It was warmer today, but cloudy and gloomy and I'm ready for spring.  Maybe I should count my blessings and stop being such a Debbie Downer.
I am looking forward to:
reading all the picture books that Drew and I picked out at the library last week.  That is a sure-fire way to cheer up. 
I am pondering:
why I let my 1,000 gifts list fall aside.  It does help me find joy even when I'm in a horrible, no good, very bad mood.  And honestly, I have NO business being grouchy.  Because I know that there had to have been so many little gifts today.  Little moments all scattered around that had I taken a second to stop scowling and open my eyes wide, I could've gathered up and jotted down and breathed in.  I suppose He'll give me grace to start again tomorrow.  Pondering tomorrow's grace and tomorrow's gratitude.
A quote for today:
"To live for the greatness of God is to live the great life.  What if we awakened to what a dream-killer perfectionism is?  To how pitifully small and unworthy a goal personal greatness is?  We were meant for so much more.  Everyone of us who embraces the glory of God as our purpose will end up doing great things precisely because we do God-things." - Beth Moore
A verse for today:
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." -Psalm 91:1
One of my favorite things:
St. Patrick's Day

 
A few plans for the week:
a dental appointment (waaaa!), practices, practices, practices, a basketball tournament for Joe, a baseball tournament for Kyle, an IV line of Diet Coke for me to get me through it and COUNTING BLESSINGS, LITTLE MISS CRANKY PANTS.
A peek into my day:
Up next:
 
 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It appears as though we both have a passion for the same thing.

Your blog, "Blogger: The View From Behind Home Plate" and mine are very similar.


Have you ever considered authoring a guest post for a similar
blog? It will
certainly help gain publicity to your website (My Site recieves a lot of visitors).
If you happen to be interested, email me at: hellen_place@inbox.
com.
Many thanks

Kristen Heard said...

Yes she would consider being a guest. Jenn, please tell me you told her yes!!!???

jennifer anderson said...

check under the car seats and the furniture for the water bottles.

Jenn said...

Good idea, Jennifer! Remembering finding curdled milk in sippy cups under the car seats back in the day? UGH.