Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Before and After Prayer-filled Daybook: Monday/Tuesday April 15/16, 2013

This Daybook started Monday afternoon around 4:30 pm and ended just this morning.  God Bless You, Boston.

Outside my window:
Starbucks parking lot.  I have an hour here before Joe's baseball game starts.
I am thinking:
about a family from our baseball community who tragically and suddenly lost a young husband and father last week.  Joe played on a team with their boy a few years ago and we were not extremely close friends, but this community is a tight-knit group and all of us are feeling their pain and loss. 
I am thankful:
for women who lift each other up, who don't know what to say and don't know how to fix, but who always and with certainty know how to show a mighty and ferocious love.
I am listening to:
a woman interviewing with someone for a job at the table next to me.
I am wearing:
jeans, white top, navy and blue striped scarf and sandals.  By the look of the clouds, I'm going to need to grab Joe's sweatshirt and change shoes before the game.
In the kitchen:
I left Kyle in charge of dinner.  Yikes.
I am going:
to get my eyes checked again tomorrow.  I can't see a darn thing.
I am hoping:
that the news out of Boston isn't as bad as it seems it might be.  Boston is one of my favorite cities in the entire world.  My hubby took me there in January of 1993 when we first started dating and I couldn't understand a thing anyone was saying and it was 40 below zero and dark at 4:00 pm, but still I fell in love with Boston.  I love the people, the shopping, the baseball, the history and did I mention the PEOPLE?  The South has a reputation for being warm and welcoming.  I have found Boston to be just that.  Good Will Hunting is my favorite movie of all time and I could listen to that accent all day long. (Don't get too puffed up there, Coach C.)
I am reading:
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.  Almost done.
I am wondering:
how I could have spent the entire day in the laundry room and still not have it all done.
{finishing up here on Tuesday morning and unfortunately finding that the Boston news is worse than I thought yesterday afternoon)
I am pondering: 
1 Corinthians 13:13.  Faith, hope, love.  I've heard this verse a gazillion times and I'm not sure I fully understood it until I heard stories this weekend of women coming to the aid of their shocked and grieving girlfriend and as I am watching the country heap love and prayer on Boston.  In the face of horrific grief, love might be all we can find.  More on this later, I think.
I am looking forward to:
justice for the people responsible for this unfathomable tragedy.
I am praying:
for a grieving family and for their friends who are mightily trying to take the pain away, for Boston and for a broken, troubled, evil world who needs Him desperately. 
On my Ipod:
Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
A verse for today:
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness;  for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words." -Romans 8:26
A quote for today:
"When I was a boy and saw scary things on the news, my mother would always say 'Look for the helpers.  There will always be people helping.'  To this day, especially in times of disaster, I always remember my mother's words. and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world."-Mister Rogers
A few plans for the week:
more than enough baseball and lots of prayer . . . so very, very much prayer.  I'm afraid there will never be enough prayer.
One of my favorite things:
Boston



Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: