Monday, April 8, 2013

SUNNY Daybook: April 8, 2013

Outside my window:
It's sunny!  It's 70 degrees!  It's full of stuff making my nose and eyes run!
I am thinking:
about the fact that I have been spelling toilet wrong for a really long time.  I have it written on my list today because we have an issue in the boys' bathroom which is more serious than just your garden variety issues that come with boys and toilets. (of which there are many, by the way.)  On my list, I spelled it toliet.  And that looks right to me, but it is clearly wrong.  And I am thinking this:  "Which is more embarrassing? The fact that I have been misspelling toilet for years or the fact that I am spending a ridiculous amount of time writing about toilets on my blog?"
I am thankful:
for that bright yellow, glorious, warm, shiny sun.
I am listening to:
lots of baseball pants swishing in the Super-Duper-Heavy-Load cycle of my washing machine.


I am wearing:
black Nike running shorts, white Nike Top and a green and white Columbia windbreaker.
In the kitchen:
I just finished a massive grocery store run and I need to figure out if all those food groups could just jump out of those bags and become something my boys will eat. 
I am going:
to run OUTSIDE with short sleeves and no gloves.  See ya later, treadmill.
I am hoping:
that the Zyrtec will kick in because I have been "bless-youing" all over the place and it is getting old.
I am reading:
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, still.  I know it seems like maybe this book isn't that great because it's taking me forever to read it, but it is good.  It's just that I don't read until I get in bed and then I get through about a paragraph and a half before I'm asleep.
I am wondering:
how hard it must be to be the pitcher's mom all the time.  My boys very rarely pitch.  Joe was brought in to pitch late in the game yesterday.  Thanks to good pitching before him, he only had to throw one pitch.  I almost puked.

I am pondering:
how much better of a human being I can be if I am able to be in the sun a little, run a little, write a little, sleep a little and pray a lot.  If I check the box on those things I can show so much more than a little love to my people.  And the greatest of these is love, is it not?
I am looking forward to:
the new movie about Jackie Robinson coming out this weekend. 
I am praying:
for warrior children and the doctors and parents of pediatric cancer patients.  We attended a charity event Saturday night to benefit Children's National Medical Center.  The room was full of hope and inspiration and love for children battling cancer.  (There was a table that was also full of cupcakes and I might have had two.) God bless the Hahne, Switzer, Rupp and Orne familes and so many, many others.  Fight on, warriors.  Heaven is flooded with prayer for you.

On my Ipod:
I heard THIS SONG by Need to Breathe yesterday.  Awesome song.
A verse for today:
"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7
A quote for today:
"We cannot be sinless but we can sin less"-Mrs. Faye from my Bible group. 
One of my favorite things:
watching them play.

A few plans for the week:
urging math practice, planning dinners for the crazy schedule, lots of Bible study catch-up, baseball, baseball and more baseball, Joe's umping this week, Little League Opening Day and being out in the sun!!!
A peek into my day:
His mercies are new everyday.  Hallelujah!



Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: