Monday, June 10, 2013

THEEEY'RE HEEEREEE Daybook: Monday, June 10

Outside my window:
rain, rain, go away, it's the first Monday of summer and we want to go out and play.
I am thinking:
about Summer Chore Charts.  I told Husband about this and he pretty much gave me a sarcastic thumbs up and a Good luck with that smirk.  Oh, he believes wholeheartedly in the Chore Chart, but just not in my ability to A) follow through, B) follow through or C) follow through. 
I am thankful:
for a pitcher of Fun Patio Party punch and a few buddies on the sunny porch
I am listening to:
the Today show. 
I am wearing:
pjs at 10:00 am.  All of us are in our pjs.  :)
In the kitchen:
some boys are cleaning up our big "First Monday of Summer Breakfast".  That is what I call FOLLOW-THROUGH, my friends.
I am going:
to take back the rented sax and clarinet to the music store.  Joe played the sax for three years and after a lot of thought decided to pursue the Journalism electives in high school.  Kyle and his buddy barely made it through the year without throwing their instruments in the trash, but I will forever have this picture of these two - not a baseball cap or a bat to be seen.

I am hoping:
that everyone will vote for my hometown gal and very best friend (in my mind), Amber, on The Voice, tonight.
I am reading:
A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet by Sophie Hudson.  This is a hilarious and sweet book by this blogger which makes me miss my Texas grandmother something FIERCE.  I can't tell you how many times I have looked up to the heavens and smiled at her while reading this book. 
I am wondering:
when the rain will stop so we can get started on the summer the way God intended.  For me this would include sitting at the pool, pretending to read while eavesdropping on teenagers awkwardly flirting with each other.
I am pondering: 
A LOT - fear of failure, daring greatly, discernment of God's purpose for me, for my writing, for my future and this:
 "Beware of harking back to what you were once, when God wants you to be something you have never been." - Oswald Chambers.
A quote for today:
"As we share our stories with those people God has specifically ordained to walk with us on this side of eternity - and as they share their stories with us - we see the sacred in the ordinary.  We see the profound in the mundane.  We see the joy in the day to day.  We see the hand of God writing a much bigger story . . ." - Sophie Hudson in A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet (Now, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, Sophie!)
I am praying:
for a friend who has spent quite some time now walking through a dark valley, all the while being faithful and patient for God's light in the darkness.  I pray for her perseverance and for all who find themselves in a period of struggle to remember the character of our Savior, to remember His goodness and to remember that His plan is perfect even when it hurts.
On my Ipod:
Beautiful Things by Gungor.  Thanks to my high school buddy, Angie, for reminding me of this song this week!
A verse for today: 
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes" -Romans 8:28
I am learning:
that being a mother for fourteen years to three kids does not mean you do not want to run screaming down the street when they start World War III at exactly 9:52 am on the first.day.of.summer.vacation.  I need to go back the manual on how to handle sibling arguments
One of my favorite things:
the celebration when one of my favorite boys on the planet (who does not even live in my house - most days) gives the pitching performance of a lifetime.

 
 
 
A few plans for the week:
the LSLL Majors Championship which will hopefully, resume on Wednesday beginning at the top of the 2nd.  Thursday night's massive downpour suspended the game after the 1st inning since the boys were practically swimming around the bases.
A peek into my day:
I suppose I should put real clothes on at some point.

Daybook idea at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

jennifer anderson said...

That last picture is good enough to be a Norman Rockwell painting. How precious!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. S.,
I am convinced God's purpose for you is just being you. Don't sweat so much, you are a bright sparkle in so many lives and you don't even realize it half the time. You are present and important just as you are. Just continue to be that!
The L and T Mrs. Wlison C.

tinuviel said...

When I linked up at Daybook this afternoon, the name of your blog caught my eye. My sister has three boys who have begun that life measured in sports seasons. (Her husband is a Longhorn, too!) That Oswald Chambers quote had my name all over it today. Thank you. I didn't know of BooMama's book, either, so thanks for that summer reading idea too.

May your summer bring more laughter and time at the pool than sibling arguments. It's nice to "meet" you.