Thursday, November 14, 2013

From the Outside, Looking In: Stepping Out and Walking Through

At my first meeting as a committee member of the Kyle's Kamp charity organization to raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer, the founder, Rob Hahne, thanked us for our involvement in the charity, pointing out that there are not very many people that can handle this type of work.  Kids suffering, kids losing their hair and sometimes their limbs, kids dying?  It's just way too hard.  

Can I tell you something?

I was one of those people and many days I still am that person.  I am meeting amazing people through this organization.  I am forming bonds with some of the strongest parents I have ever met.  And I know that I am not a psychologist, a counselor, a pastor.  Nothing qualifies me here.  Nothing at all qualifies me to be in the presence of such fear, of grief, of pain, of suffering.  How often does the feeling of inadequacy, the feeling of not being enough, the feeling of just being a regular guy or gal keep us from going, from serving, from listening to God?  Maybe it doesn't happen to you.  But it happens to me ALL.THE.TIME.

READ THE REST HERE.

(Y'all!  I've got myself a new gig.  I'll be writing for the Kyle's Kamp site blog once a month.  I'll post here as well, but to read the rest of my rambling, you'll have to click the "READ THE REST HERE" link. See how that works?  Go on.  Click.  Thanks, Rob Hahne for the opportunity.  I am honored and blessed)



No comments: