Thursday, January 16, 2014

Throw Back Thursday: Just for you, Mom

Lookie what I found when cleaning out the basement, Mom.  This is before you let me get my hands on a curling iron and get ahold of my bangs.  Yes, I turned forty-five this week and yes, I am older and yes, you are older.  But, I'm so grateful that I got older watching you.  I've met so many people who look at their old photos and remember a childhood that wasn't what it was supposed to be.  When I look at this picture, I know that I was safe and loved and had the best example of a woman following God's calling that any little girl could hope to have.  I miss you today, Mom.  Now, stop crying.


Speaking of calling:

"Grand Christian movements will rise and fall.  Grand campaigns will be mounted and grand coalitions assembled.  But all together such coordinated efforts will never match the influence of untold numbers of followers of Christ living out their callings faithfully across the vastness and complexity of modern society."


I read that HERE.  Go read it.  I think you'll be blessed and a little relieved.
rand Christian movements will rise and fall. Grand campaigns will be mounted and grand coalitions assembled. But all together such coordinated efforts will never match the influence of untold numbers of followers of Christ living out their callings faithfully across the vastness and complexity of modern society. ~Os Guiness
Read more at http://www.lifeingraceblog.com/2014/01/how-to-find-gods-will-for-your-life/#ZVe9i1sZ5uXafCdj.99

No comments: