Thursday, March 26, 2015

Second Stitch Fix Box!!



My second Stitch Fix box arrived last week.  I was so excited when I first saw it.  It's such a fun surprise.  But then I got a little nervous and was kind of afraid to open it.

See, when you get a Stitch Fix account you are assigned a stylist.  After you get your box of clothes, you are to go online and fill in notes to your stylist about each item - what you liked, what you didn't, and why.

My stylist's name is Courtney.  I thought for sure that Courtney was a robot/internet/fake Siri type thing.  But I think my Courtney is like a real life Rachel Zoe because last time I made a joke in my comments about how I really wanted to buy everything in my first box, but my credit card was hurting from Christmas.  And Courtney wrote back this time making reference to that.  So if Courtney is a robot, she has a good sense of humor.  I've always liked that in a robot.

Anyway, that was a lot of words to lead you into why I was nervous.  Back in January when I made notes to Courtney, I didn't realize that it would snow for a million days - give or take - in February and March.   I should have sent her a note right quick before she sent my 2nd box.

Dear Courtney,
I'm so glad you're not a robot.  I need you to know something and since you seem to be a real woman with feelings, I think you might be able to relate.  Winter brought us somewhere around 7,324 inches of snow which meant that my boys were out of school for about 7,324 days.  My boys seem to want to eat 7,324 times a day when they're home which means that I joined them.  Because I am not a robot, Courtney. And sometimes in the middle of a snowstorm nachos happen.  And also wine happens.  And running on a snow covered street doesn't happen.  Like at all.  Sometimes the treadmill happens but usually there are bad words and it is turned off earlier than it should be.  Please still love me, Courtney.  I am a good person.  I think you are, too.
Love,
Jenn

Lo and behold, Courtney and I must have been connected on some level.  Because what was the first thing I picked out of the box? A NEW TOTE BAG, VANNA!  The Anchorage Diamond Printed Tote by Street Level totally fit me, but I didn't buy it - it was really hard, but I have 1,001 totes.  I am trying to ease up on the tote addiction.  It had tons of room for all the books, magazines, snacks, diet cokes, sunscreen, sunglasses and gum one would need for a baseball double header. There was even room for a roll of toilet paper for the Port-A-Potty and that extra athletic supporter that somehow always finds its way into my bag.  I have been filled with daily regret about the fact that I sent this back, but I am told that recovery from tote bag addiction is a one day at a time process.



Item #2 was the Fate Kathina Sheer Cut Out Top.  This was the one right out of the box that I thought I would like.  It fit well and I did like it, but I just had an issue with the way the fabric on my shoulders jutted out.  It's sort of Mork from Ork, don't you think?  If not for that, I would have kept this one



Item #3 was the Zelli Split Back Tee from Market and Spruce.  I have to say that when I first saw this in the box, I was not excited about it.  Then I put it on and it fit really well.  The fabric is so soft and stretchy.  Still I wasn't sold until I saw the split in the back.  I love it.  This one's a keeper.




(PS If anyone has any idea what the heck to do about those elbows, please advise.  Is there such thing as an elbow lift?  It occurs to me that I've not seen my elbows in quite some time, if ever.  I am a bit startled by this revelation.)

Item #4 was the Jerrard Heathered Open Front Cardigan by Paper Moon.  I just don't like it.  At all.  I don't want to hurt Courtney's feelings because she's not a robot.  Maybe I'm just really ready to move past sweaters or something, but this was a no right off the bat. 


Item # 5 was a pair of really cute Aberdine Straight Leg Jeans from Kut from the Kloth.  I am not including a photo because I think we can all agree that I'm way past the selfie quota for a 46 year old woman today.  They were cute and fit great, but I have a pair very similar so I sent those back. 

Now, boys and girls, again, I am not given any money or free cases of diet Coke to tell you about Stitch Fix.  In full disclosure though, I told y'all last time that if you decided to order your own Stitch Fix and used my referral code that I would get a $25.00 credit. 

SO IN BIG BOLD RED LETTERS I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT AND A GIANT THANK YOU TO TWO OF MY WONDERFUL READERS, MARY AND KIM!!!  THEY USED MY REFERRAL CODE AND I GOT MY TOP FOR ZERO DOLLARS!!! I LOVE YOU, MARY AND KIM!!  THEY DIDN'T TELL ME YOUR LAST NAMES, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

So this is the portion of our day where I become shameless and greedy and therefore will not continue with the big, bold, red letters.  If you want to order a Stitch Fix, you can use my referral code.  


Have a great day, friends.  And please don't forget to get back to me on that elbow problem. Yikes.


No comments: