Monday, April 6, 2015

An Opening Day-book: April 6, 2014


Outside my window:
It is absolutely the most stunningly beautiful, bright, clear, non-windy, sunny day I can remember in a very, very long time. Deep breath.  He really does make all things new again.  Even me.
I am thinking:
about spring menus, spring sports, spring clothes, spring cleaning and spring hope. Spring Break was a great time and I feel like it was truly the end of a season for me.  I think I needed the new season to spread out before me with hope and promise and light  We spent some time at home and at Lake Anna.  Some time with friends and some time with family. I did some reading, some running, some March Madness watching and some shopping. While the boys fished and shot BB guns, I did some sleeping and Bible studying.  I did no writing.  The words eluded me.  I'm ready for new things.  I'm ready to leave the Winter Me in the past.  I think I like the Spring Me better.  My family does, too.
I am thankful:
for sitting squished in between my guys at the Easter service at my church which was bursting full with more in attendance than I can ever remember seeing.  For little girls in new dresses, for little boys in bow ties, for voices singing louder than usual and the communion line taking longer.  For the realization that I think this year for the first time all three of my children "get it".  I always cry on Easter and they are always happy tears.  The way my Jesus took all of that pain, all of that suffering, all of that ridicule?  For me?  For me?  Y'all, it's just too much.  Easter Sunday.  I CAN'T EVEN.
In the kitchen:
the fridge and the pantry are bursting full of snacks that made their way back from our few days at Lake Anna and leftovers from an incredible Easter dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house. It is time to do some clean out.
I am wearing:
jeans, bright yellow, sleeveless(!) top and bare feet
I am listening to:
The Opening Day game at Nationals Park.  GO NATS.
I am going:
to get back to running on a regular schedule this week.  There is rain in the forecast for the next three days, so I'll have to hit the Dreadmill, as my friend, Elizabeth calls it.  Still, I must.  I am a mess when I don't take time to run.  A big, giant mess.
I am reading:
I started Paula Hawkin's The Girl on the Train which I was reading on Joe's Kindle.  Then I forgot the Kindle when we went to Lake Anna for a few days so I found Mercy by Jodi Picoult on the shelves there and started that one.
I am hoping:
to keep my promise to eat cleaner this week.  No sugar. Blech.  The hope of Easter makes me feel awesome.  The food of Easter?  Not so much.
I am looking forward to:
Baseball Season!  Now, Baseball. It's time now!
I am learning:
that as much as I lament technology and the way it has changed us, I can't help but be grateful that my man can join us for Spring Break at Lake Anna - for all kinds of moments that I don't think our fathers were able to -- just a quick call by the water and he's back in.

I am praying:
for way too many children with cancer.  Just too many.
On my Ipod:
The new Third Day album!!  I love every song - especially THIS ONE.
I am wondering:
why they even sell olives with pits and if there is a classy, appropriate way to eat them.  This was the subject of discussion around the Easter appetizers.  Miss Manners?  Emily Post?  Anybody?
I am pondering:
reading THIS BOOK. I think Husband would argue that I am not one who likes listening more than talking - a definition this book gives for introverts.  But I do think I gain energy from time alone. I crave time alone after I've been with crowds or in groups. I'd rather work alone in most, but not all cases.  Both of those are qualities of introverts according to the book. I am curious as to how this book would speak to me.  How it might help me understand me better.  It would be nice to understand me better.  I mean, I do have to hang out with myself quite a lot. :)
A quote for today:
"It is finished.  All the necessary work, all forgiveness, all the reconciliation, all sacrifice.  Nothing left to do but sing hallelujah."- Jen Hatmaker
A verse for today:
"He is not here.  He has risen, just as He said." - Matthew 28:6
One of my favorite things:
Two guys and a fish
A few plans for the week:
We've got four baseball games on the calendar, a whole mess of practices, planning for Kyle's Kamp Diamond Dreams baseball games and one of my favorite days of all:  Opening Day for Little League!
A peek into my day: 
Hoping for a Harper Home Run or two.

No comments: