Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

I recently happened on a blog called Pinterest Told Me To which is a whole lotta fun and I am quite sure is going to cause a significant decline in my daily productivity around here.  Today, I noticed this link up called What's Up, Wednesday on the site and being that I'm having a hard time finding writing time and inspiration, I thought this would be fun.



WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK:
This is more like what I'M eating this week: these.  I happened on them at a gas station on the way home from Hershey, Pennsylvania after a baseball tournament and I'm kind of obsessed.   


WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:
My week in California with my two favorite gals in all the world.  My mom and I flew into San Jose to visit my sister two weeks ago.  We had the best time shopping and eating and laughing and eating and shopping and laughing.  Here they are in a coffee shop which is not Starbucks and some how that made it so much better.   


We also ate a number of restaurants which were not sports bars and some how that made them so much better.  One was a restaurant in Los Gatos called Zona Rosa.   There we had guacamole made with bacon and pistachios.  WHAAAA???  Yes, I know.  You just heard some angels singing.  I also had the Vendura tacos with sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, fennel, goat cheese, pecans and cilantro crema on blue corn tortillas.  Again, WHAAAA???  More angels.  We also had margaritas in cute little jelly jars.  Honestly, an 8 hour trip across the country in the middle seat with a connection in Seattle when you hate flying is a small price to pay for this heaven on earth right here:


Maybe the best thing ever was that Sister had a lemon tree in her yard.  Well, y'all.  I might as well have been on Mars.  This is crazy wonderful to me.


And in a turn of events that no one saw coming - especially Sister who acknowledges without judgment that I generally pay attention to people's pets as much as I do their house plants - I fell in love with Izzy who is the least annoying and sweetest dog in all the world.  (Ok, maybe I fell in like, but this is a positive step)  We are totally besties.  



WHAT I'M LOVING
this verse:

"You will keep in perfect peace, those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3

I am terribly, terribly anxious about flying.  I hate that I am like this because I love traveling and my family is all over the country so I must fly to get to them.  My friend, Nancy, texted me this verse about five years ago while I was waiting to board a plane.  I had never in all my Sunday Schooling, Bible Studying, Church-Going life heard this verse until that day.  Now it is my go to when I get on a plane.  I said this verse about 7,000 times and guess what?  I was kept in perfect peace. God is good and so is Nancy.  :) Amen and Hallelujah.
WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO
being incredibly, ridiculously lazy this week.  Basically, lying around reading and watching the first season of Parenthood.  I watched this series from Season 2 on and it was the best TV Show ever (besides Friday Night Lights, obviously.  Let's not get carried away.), so I was thrilled when my brother-in-law lent me Season 1 on DVD.  Oh, how I miss you, Bravermans! 
WHAT I'M DREADING
Winter.  Running in the cold or even worse on the treadmill.  UGH.
WHAT I'M WORKING ON
Um. I guess I should be working on Halloween decorations and buying candy.  T-72 hours so I better hop to it.
WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT
A potential trip to Morgantown, WV to see the Texas Longhorns take on the West Virginia Mountaineers in November.  This is the closest my team has been to me in awhile, so I'm not sure I can stay away.
WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:
I've been watching Fixer Upper on HGTV and I think I'm pretty late to this particular party but I LOVE THOSE PEOPLE.  Also, I am now finally reading For the Love by Jen Hatmaker and it is just as great as I knew it would be.  My highlighter is running out of ink.  Every word this girl says makes me nod my head, shout Hallelujah or laugh out loud or all three at once.
WHAT I'M LISTENING TO
quite a bit of NeedtoBreathe still.  I'm pretty much wearing out their Rivers in the Wasteland album.
WHAT I'M WEARING:
THESE rain boots that I bought last year because it's been raining all day.  Speaking of, I have heard that Costco has Hunter Boots this week!  And also, an unconfirmed rumor that Nordstrom will price match on the colors that Costco is carrying.  That sounds completely bananas, but who knows?
WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
celebrating Halloween and trying not to cry because how did this guy:



become this guy:



WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH
a couple of days off of school for my people and a college visit or two with that guy who I really cannot believe is not participating in a Pre -School Halloween Parade this week because COLLEGE?  What is happening?  We should be reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Perhaps I am not exactly looking forward to this. :(
WHAT ELSE IS NEW:
These DL 1961 jeans I got on sale at an adorable shop in Carmel, California.  These feel like pajamas and I've worn them almost every day since I got home.



Well, that's pretty much what's up this Wednesday  Enjoy what's left of yours, Friends! 

No comments: