Wednesday, November 25, 2015

WHAT'S UP WEDNESDAY


 I'm linking up with a blog I've been spending WAY too much time on lately for What's Up Wednesday.  Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!

What We're Eating This Week:
Well, it's Thanksgiving so, obviously we'll be eating all the things.  But the lovely and talented Mrs. C. brought these pumpkin chip blondies to our house last week and they lasted about 3.5 seconds, so I made some more on Monday.  There are about three left.



1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup King Arthur white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup pumpkin flavor chips (Nestle makes them - Local friends, I found them at Giant)
1 cup pecans (optional - we have a nut allergy here so we skipped this)
Melt butter and mix in sugar until smooth.  Add remaining ingredients and then fold in chips/nuts.  Spread evenly into 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

What I'm Reminiscing About:
Thanksgivings past - most specifically, the Skinner family's first game at DKR Memorial stadium to watch Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley and Mack Brown and our beloved 'Horns beat the Aggies.  I'm pretty sure I cried actual tears when all my boys put their horns up and we sang "The Eyes of Texas" at the end.



What I'm Loving:
Plaid, plaid, everywhere plaid.  In the last week, I have worn THIS plaid dress (in cream/olive which I think is sold out now), THIS plaid tunic (ON SALE NOW!) and THIS plaid shirt.  Perhaps, I need to take it down a notch.
What We've Been Up To:
Lots of basketball practice and the bruises and puffy lips that come with it when you have boys who don't mind throwing themselves to the floor and/or into players three times their size.
What I'm Dreading:
Treadmill season.  It's currently 34 degrees and has been each morning this week.  I know that if I bundle up by the time I am five minutes into my run, I'll be fine, but the coffee and the pjs and the sofa have won out over the pavement and the chapped lips and the 45 layers of Nike this week, so it's looking like a trip to the treadmill is inevitable.
What I'm Working On:
Christmas shopping.  There were some very delusional optimistic texts between my friend, Nancy and me a few weeks ago when we were TOTALLY sure we could pull off getting all of our gifts by December 1st.  "Can we do this?"  "Well, OF COURSE, we can."  "We can TOTALLY do that."  "I mean, why couldn't we?".  We can't.  We won't.  We didn't.  But I have bought some things, so PROGRESS.
What I'm Excited About:
A Thanksgiving by the lake.
What I'm Watching/Reading:
Well, I've watched THIS about fifteen times.  SNL's still got it.
What I'm Listening To:
I've been belting out You Make Me Brave in my car all week.  There might need to be a new law along with the no texting, just for me - No Off-Key Singing While Driving.  I don't care.  I just turn it up loud enough and I sound like an angel.
What I'm Wearing:
I think Thanksgiving should be designated as Leggings Week.  I'll be wearing that plaid dress I mentioned with THESE leggings in heather grey tomorrow and I will be able to eat all the things without issue.  It's come to that, friends.  As long as we remember the following advice from Jen Hatmaker, we'll be okay wearing leggings all week.



What I'm Doing This Weekend:
Hosting some of our oldest and dearest friends who we only get to see once a year.  I'm so excited.  There will be wine and laughing and stories about my husband and his buddies from as far back as elementary school which means a whole lot more LAUGHING and also a tad bit of wonder and awe at how boys - any boys in all the world - ever make it to adulthood.  
What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month:
More basketball, a few parties and the baby Jesus. ;-)
What Else Is New:
Um.  I'm at the end here and running out of words and I gotta go, So, I guess this will do: I got a new coffee maker because mine broke and so I decided to get a new coffee mug to go with it.  Here it is.  It makes me happy.  It's from Target.  Which also makes me happy.  I am thankful for Target and functioning coffee makers and new coffee mugs.  The end.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So two votes for something usually means it passes, right?! Here's to another vote for it to be leggings week! Hallelujah! I LOVE Bethel! If you haven't listened to Amanda Cook's new album, you should. She's another worship leader at Bethel and her newest Brave New World is ah-mazing! My favorites are Hero and Pieces. Hope you enjoy an incredible Thanksgiving! Nice to find your blog. :)

Wall Tapestries said...

Nice post ! Thanks for sharing.