Thursday, May 5, 2016

All We Do Is Win, Win, Win . . .


(Except when it was raining and cold in May. May. For the love.)

We have a winner, Boys and Girls! I thought I was going to have to wait until tomorrow to post the winner's name because today was crazy busy and we have a baseball game tonight. Like, right now. And I am not there anymore. It's freezing cold and raining and Al Roker says there is some sort of Omega Block that has made it rainy and dreary for 568 days in a row. Do you know what I have to say about baseball on the 5th of May when I have to wear a coat, a scarf and a hat?

"No, thank you, Baseball. No, thank you. I will not be participating."

Anyway, I am so happy to say that the fact that there have been some technical issues with commenting here at The View From Behind Home Plate has not kept me from my very complex method to choose the winner of the Massage Envy Gift Card at random from the comments on the Mother's Day Giveaway blog yesterday.

Basically, I just thought to myself, "If Marion Cunningham, who is definitely one of the best moms of all time, had a blog contest, what would she do?" (WWMCD?)

I'm pretty sure that Marion Cunningham would write all the names down on pieces of paper and then put them all in Howard's Grand Poobah hat that he wears to his Leopard Lodge Meetings and then she'd just pick a winner out of the hat. So that's what I did.



I am warm in my house and happy to announce that The View From Behind Home Plate's Mother's Day Giveaway winner is:


Marissa S. commented that her grandma says that the key to a healthy life is to walk everyday and take a calcium supplement. Marissa's grandma clearly knows of what she speaks because apparently she will be 100 years old in July! Congrats, Marissa!

I really enjoyed reading the advice given by all of your moms and grandmoms. Some of the highlights:

Don't be afraid to leave a man at the altar.

If God is saying "yes", don't say "no".

Go out with the creeps to look over the crops.

It's not the end of the world. 

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

If you didn't win the massage gift card send your husband/child/self HERE to purchase one from Massage Envy.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Mother's Day. I also happen to know quite a few women who are not mamas biologically, but who are very special to many children and adults. I hope you, ladies, have a fabulous day as well.

In addition, it occurred to me that I happen to know that a number of my readers including those who commented have lost their moms - many at an early age. Also, I have more than a few readers and friends who have lost their children. Honestly, Mother's Day can be kinda crappy for some of us. Please say a special prayer for these women today. You are loved, ladies.


No comments: