Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Stitch Fix Summary: October 2017

My Stitch Fix box came this weekend! Last time nothing really fit, so this time I was happy to see that everything they sent fit perfectly. Also, after my last shipment I went into my style profile and changed some of the prices I was willing to spend to lower price points. The stylist did take this into consideration and I found that the costs of the items were down this time. I kept three of the five pieces from this box.

It occurs to me that I have quite a few new readers since I first started blogging about Stitch Fix so if you aren't aware of how it works or need a refresher, here's the gist:

You go to the Stitch Fix icon about mid-way down this post to the right which will take you to the website. You will then fill out a survey answering questions about your style tastes, sizes and amount you normally spend on different items. Combinations of outfits are pictured and you rate them as something you would love, like, or hate. You can sign up for monthly or every other month shipments. You pay $20/box for a stylist to pick five items for you based on your survey and then those five items are shipped to your door. Once you get your box, you have three days to try on your items and decide what you like.  If you choose any of the items, your $20 is credited to the total. You then send back the items you don't want in a postage paid envelope that is included with your box. If you buy all five items, you get a 25% discount. If you are kind enough to use my referral code then I get $25 off of my next box. You can copy and paste this code:

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4559584

Here's a look at what I received this month.

Item 1: Just USA Paola High Rise Distressed Scissor Hem Skinny Jean

Item 2: Mixed Threads Rydel Cold Shoulder Top
 



Here's the thing. I don't need any more distressed jeans and I thought about not even trying these on my body, but then I couldn't help myself. These were great. They're really comfortable and the perfect length. They don't bag in the knees and they cost less than any of the previous jeans I've been shipped. As I live 99% of my life in jeans, I decided that these were a keep.

Now, let's talk about this awesome plaid shirt. Part of filling out your style profile for the Stitch Fix stylist is to include your Pinterest board or blog if you like. My stylist mentioned that he looked at my blog and found out how much I like plaid. Smart Stylist. If you read here a few weeks ago, you know that I have some misgivings about all the elaborate sleeves going on this season and I've had about enough of the cold shoulder business. I have so far resisted owning a cold shoulder top, but now that the trend is likely on its last legs, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon. I am powerless over plaid flannel when it starts really feeling like fall outside which has caused me to make this clearly dumb decision because now I will actually have literal cold shoulders. Oh well, it's a keep.

Other outfit details:
Born Felicia Boots Similar Cross Body Bag Similar Earrings

Item 3: Fate Bessi Button Sleeve Detail Pullover
Item 4: Tom's Classic Alpargata Solid Canvas Slip-On Flats


While the stylists clearly have been reading many of my comments, they simply haven't heard my plea for no wool in any garments they send. I feel like I've emphasized it over and over to no avail. This cute sweater only had a small percentage of wool, but that's still a deal breaker for me. I realize this limits my sweater options, but I just can't do it. I really loved how the sweater fit. It wasn't too bulky, but was still comfortable and had great button detailing on the sleeve which is slightly less annoying than other sleeve madness I've seen. The side slit also made it unique. I would love to wear this sweater if it wouldn't make me feel like I had a combination of pink eye and chicken pox. This was a return. :-(

The Tom's canvas slip ons are a great neutral color and would have looked perfect with tons of items in my closet this fall. My problem is that I have a really high arch and Tom's just don't have enough support for my feet. These were a return.

Item 5: Tinsel Tameria Distressed Colored Skinny Jean



I received my box on a Saturday, opened it on a Sunday and pulled out these great army green colored denim pants right away. I was out the door minutes after opening the box wearing this exact outfit to brunch with a bunch of my girls. The color makes them a bit different from regular jeans and perfect for fall. The fit was perfect and the distressing was just the right amount. These were a keep.

Other outfit details:


Well, that's it for this month. I was happy to see that the stylist did take my comments into consideration for the most part. The prices were more reasonable and as usual they hit the nail on the head with style and fit.

Remember you can get Stitch Fix for Men now, too! Don't forget my referral code.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: