Friday, December 22, 2017

Stitch Fix Review!! December 2017

It's Stitch Fix Review Day! I got a box delivered on Sunday, just in time for Christmas. I am officially wrapping up a couple of things and telling my husband that he can chill and not do his usual last minute shopping for me this go round. I'm selfless like that. ;-)

Speaking of, if you are still searching for a last minute idea and don't want to have to brave the mall, a Stitch Fix Gift Certificate just might be what you're looking for for your mom, sister, girlfriend, friend or even your husband. The deal is that there is a $20 a month styling fee. Your person goes to the site and fills out a style profile and determines how often she'd like a shipment. (I get a box every other month.) Then 5 items show up on her doorstep. She tries them on, has three days to decide, mails back what she doesn't like in a pre-paid envelope and keeps what she wants. If she chooses any items her styling fee is credited to the price. If she chooses all five she gets 25% off her order. Go HERE and you can even just sit here in your jammies watching the Hallmark Channel and just have an email sent to your person's inbox. Done and done.

My stylist, who happens to be named Jason, actually is a real person and did a great job picking out items for me. He (or she? I don't know any Jasons that are shes, but could be) even wrote a note which made it clear that he heard my plea for no more wool in any of the sweaters I'm sent.  YAY! This brings us to Item number 1.


Loveappella
Persy Drawstring Hem Knit Sweatshirt


This sweatshirt is so soft and not made of a single thing that will give me hives. It's thin, so it's not too hot or bulky. I think it can be really casual for a day hanging on the couch or sitting in the basketball gym or could be dressed up a bit.

Other outfit details:


Articles of Society
Tiana Skinny Jean


These Articles of Society black skinny jeans were really cute and reasonably priced. I think black jeans can dress up just about any top. I already have a great pair of black jeans that are from Banana Republic. They are really old, but holding up pretty well. Kinda like me. :-) I think the grey sweater will be great with black jeans and these suede grey booties.

Other outfit details:


Pink Clover
Elanie Button Down Blouse


This top fit well and I liked the cut. Also, it has a plethora of stars on it. Perhaps the song lyrics "The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas" should have motivated this Texas gal to want to wear stars all over her shirt, but alas, they did not. Still, because I am a loyal Texan who loves the big and bright stars of my home state, I put this outfit together. And then I returned the shirt because my love has healthy boundaries. The end.

Other outfit details:


Amour Vert
Kaitlyn Striped Drawstring Pullover


This cute pullover was totally my jam as far as the stripes, the colors and the style. The only problem was that for me, a casual sweatshirt pullover needs to be a bit bigger than my normal size and this wasn't. It fit perfectly, but I would have liked it to be roomier. Anyway, it made a cute outfit before I returned it.

Other outfit details:
Joggers from Stitch Fix/ Shoes / Earrings / Similar Watch


Octavia
London Mixed Material Satchel



I hugged this bag when I took it out of the box. It's so embarrassing. I didn't have any idea that I  wanted or needed an olive colored bag until it was staring me in the face. It's exactly like a Hallmark Christmas movie plot actually. The single, hard working mom - who is usually someone from a 90s sitcom - is certain she has no time or interest in love again and then she finds herself running into an incredibly good-looking, yet exasperating Christmas tree farmer numerous times until she realizes that he is her soulmate and she must kiss him under the mistletoe as snow falls around her in giant heaps. You see? She didn't know what she needed until she bumped right into him it. Pretty much same plot line here. Yes? No? Whatever. I've watched a lot of Hallmark Channel this week.

Anyway, I love the gold zipper detail. And that little tag hanging off the strap? It's totally meaningless, but makes me happy. This was a keep, but I'm not letting myself use it until Christmas because I make arbitrary rules like that to offset how shallow it is that I hugged a handbag.

Other Outfit Details
Similar Jeans/ My Favorite Boots Ever / Similar Plaid Shirts

So, that's it for today. I kept two of the five items sent to me which I consider a win. I still think all of the items were really cute and that Stitch Fix continues to do a great job with sending me items that are right in my style wheelhouse.

Remember this makes a unique gift, so go here to sign up for Stitch Fix for yourself or figure out the ways you can gift a Stitch Fix subscription gift card to a friend.

Have a very, very merry Christmas, Friends!!!

No comments: