Friday, March 16, 2018

5 Friday Favorites: St. Patrick's Day Edition!



It's Friday, finally! And it's time for 5 Friday Favorites where I link up with A Little Bit of EverythingGrace and Love, and Momfessionals today to share some of my favorite things from the week.

Today will be an all green edition since I am a huge fan of St. Patrick's Day thanks to my mom and grandmother who were always celebrating and reminding us of our Irish heritage. We always seemed to have a little treat at the breakfast table on St. Patrick's Day, so I try to remember to do something for my boys each year. They might be getting a little old for some of it, but I don't even care one bit. I love this day.

1. A Shamrock Plant


Although we haven't had snow this year, we've had some brutally cold and windy days and I'm, as usual, itching for Spring. This makes me miss Texas something fierce. Add that to the way St. Patrick's Day makes me miss my mom and I was a bit of a mess yesterday. To help my mood, I furiously rummaged through my cabinets to find this cute shamrock planter that my mom had bought on a trip to Ireland with my grandmother in the 80s. I bought this little Shamrock plant for $5 bucks at Home Depot and guess what? Every time I look at it, I'm reminded that Spring actually will show up and I can't stop smiling at it. That's some Irish magic right there.

2. A Giant Green Handbag to Hold All Your Luck


I bought this Street Level tote online years ago and I can't for the life of me remember where. It makes me so happy and holds way more stuff than is necessary for any human to carry with her. I found some other options for a green purse here, here and here.


3. Grasshopper Pie (and Other Green Food)


I made this Grasshopper Pie from Mix and Match Mama's blog a couple of weeks ago when Joe was home for Spring Break and my people LOVED it which means I might need to make it again today. Shay has a lot of other great and easy recipes for St. Patrick's Day here including these green cake batter pancakes I make every year.

Grasshopper Pie (www.mixandmatchmama.com)

2 pre-made Oreo Cookie pie crusts
1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip, from the fridge, not frozen
1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened a bit

Combine Cool Whip and cream cheese with electric mixer until just combined. Add ice cream and combine with a spoon, not the mixer. Divide between both pie crusts and freeze for at least two hours before serving.


I also found these cookies in the food court area of Target. How cute is that little leprachaun?

4. St. Paddy's Day Nail Color


Generally, I don't play it fast and loose in my nail color game. I'm sort of boring - sticking with deep red/wine colors and dark greys in the winter and pale pinks in the summer. If I'm feeling super wild, I might get a navy color on my toes. For St. Patrick's Day I saw a friend had posted an Instagram photo of her green ombre fingernails which gave me all the happy Irish feelings. Then, I found this Essie Off Tropic  color online. I'm not making any promises because I could very well chicken out, but this might be exactly what I need in a St. Paddy's Day pedicure.


5. A St. Patrick's Day Tee


I almost always have a St. Patrick's Day tee to wear. Old Navy, Target and lots of online retailers usually carry different ones. I got the one above at Target. I know we're short on time, so this one is available at Amazon and if you're a prime member, hopefully you can get it in time for the big day tomorrow. If you just want something green this twist hem tee is less than $15 here.


Vineyard Vines has a whole collection of St. Patrick's Day apparel here.

Since we're all about luck around here this weekend, I'll give you a bonus lucky #6 favorite right here.

6. My Very Favorite St. Patrick's Day Moment EVER


It's going to be a great weekend, friends. I wish you all the happy, green, lucky blessings you can hold.

Disclosure: The View From Behind Home Plate is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn small fees by linking to amazon.com

1 comment:

Rechelle said...

Love all your fun & festive favorites!!! We go all out for St. Patrick's Day too, something my Mom always did so I've continued it too ;) Hope you have a great weekend celebrating!