Friday, April 27, 2018

5 Friday Favorites: April 27, 2018




Happy Friday, Friends. 
It's time for my Friday link up with A Little Bit of EverythingGrace and Love, and Momfessionals

Here are some of my favorite things from this week.

1. Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard Podcast




I am officially a podcast junkie and this week I've listened to a few of Dax Shepard's interviews on his new podcast. You remember Dax from his days as Crosby on Parenthood and I'm going to assure you that he is way more interesting, intelligent and thoughtful than I expected and also, as "out there" at times as I expected. Another thing to say is that you can't listen with little ears around. His interviews with his wife, Kristen Bell, his co-star, Lauren Graham, and with Katie Couric were perhaps my favorites so far. These interviews are really long, but great for when you're running errands or cleaning your house.


2. Spring/Summer Candle


I think it might be well documented on Friday Favorites that I'm a big fan of candles. However, not all candles are for all seasons. The Voluspa Goji Torocco Orange candle is a perfect scent for spring or summer. I bought two of the petite sized ones last week and shared one with my sweet friend, Karen, who also loves a citrusy smell. It's making me really happy and it's making her happy and that's a whole lotta happy going around the 'hood right now, so I highly recommend the happy that this candle promises.  

Yesterday I also bought this Limoncello 3-Wick Candle from Bath and Body Works. The 3 Wick candles are on sale right now, plus you can get 25% off with the code SUNBURST. I thought this candle would make my house smell like it had just been cleaned, but unfortunately, I think it smells more like somebody made some Limoncello shots and poured them on the floor. Also, I think it's giving me a headache, but that could be that I forgot to take my Zyrtec yesterday and the pollen in Virginia is at 7,000% or it could be that my contact lens prescription isn't correct or it could be that I haven't had a diet coke today, so maybe I should light it again and give it another try.

Also, I realize that you really didn't show up here today to hear about my headache. My writing is just riveting, is it not? Let's move on.

3. Shein Varsity Stripe Tshirt, ETC.


I recently saw this tshirt on another blog and immediately bought it because it cost me less than $15.00 and a baseball-esque t-shirt is pretty much right in my wheelhouse. I've worn it three times in just a couple of weeks, so I'd say I'm getting my money's worth. I had never heard of Shein, and to be honest at these prices I'm a little concerned about the quality. All I can vouch for at this point is this baseball tee and the quality is great, so I looked around at the site and saw a few other things that look promising.



As a Real 49 Year Old I cannot pull this off, but if you have a Fake Daughter like I do, I think this short romper  might be really cute on her.




This yellow floral pattern dress is also pushing it for me because it might be too short, but how cute for summer!

4. Summer Sandals (A Girl Can Dream)


For the past few weeks in Northern Virginia we get one sunny, spring day for ever four depressing, grey days.

HEY, WEATHER! WHAT KIND OF FRESH HELL IS THIS? IT IS THE END OF APRIL, FOR THE LOVE. MY GRANDMOTHER HAS EVEN LOOKED DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND GIVEN US PERMISSION TO WEAR WHITE BECAUSE WE ARE FOUR BLASTED WEEKS PAST CELEBRATING THE RISEN SAVIOR AND YET WE ARE STILL WEARING BOOTS LIKE A BUNCH OF FREAKS! IT IS FRANKLY MORE THAN WE ARE WILLING TO TAKE FOR ONE MORE SECOND. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK TO LET US WEAR SANDALS? IN APRIL? GAH.

And we're breathing.

Ahem. What I meant to say is that I want these wedges from Sole Society.



I also like these flatter sandals  also from Sole Society.



I also just wanted to point out these lovelies. Settle down, Christian Louboutin. $1,145? This is when my grandmother, while she would approve of wearing white shoes after Easter, would definitely say that someone who bought these had way more money than sense.

5. Prince Louis Arthur Charles
and his ROCKSTAR Mom


I could not be happier for the Royal couple and their precious little one who carries such a  very big name. Wouldn't it be so funny if they just named their kid Justin or Brandon or Bobby? I guess Kate is limited in her choices which was not more evident than when she showed up wearing hose and heels outside of that hospital. If you listened closely at that very moment you could hear all the moms in the world raising their collective voices in solidarity yelling, "What in Sam Hill is going on, Prince William, you knucklehead? Get her outta there and home to an ice pack, a pair of your sweatpants and a plate of nachos, on the hop, dude!"  I really, really hope and believe that the good prince made his way to a Taco Bell for his beloved on the way home. Welcome Little One and Rock on, Mama Kate. We forgive you for the lace collar on that dress. You are our hero.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Disclosure: The View From Behind Home Plate is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn small fees by linking to amazon.com

1 comment:

Ascott said...

Your description of your motivation behind the lemon candle and the reality made me lol! I’m sensitive to smell and starting looking for scents with bergamot. I love the Volcano Capri Blue and can handle that smell. Have you tried it?
I enjoyed your post.