Monday, October 29, 2018

A Fall Stitch Fix Series Finale Review

It's a Fall Stitch Fix Review Day!

I got some good, solid pieces this time, but found a few of them a little boring. Also, it seems that my closet is really not lacking anything right now and I need to be more cutthroat in what I decide to keep. I'm not sure if you've noticed the obvious, but when I need a little pick me up, I tend to think that a new top now and then (or more often than now and then) will do the trick. Unfortunately, I don't have a money tree in my backyard, so I need to dial it down a bit in the shopping department.

As fun as Stitch Fix has been for me, I decided to cut off my subscription for a while. I'm not promising I won't come back to it someday, but for now I think it's the mature and responsible, if not totally lame thing to do.

So without further adieu, here is the series finale, if you will, of my Stitch Fix posts.

Don't worry, there is always a possibility of a reboot of the series. I'm not well known for my will power in this area. ;-)


Mix By 41 Hawthorn
Kallon Brushed Knit Hoodie



This hoodie was the first thing I pulled out of the box and it is totally up my alley. It is soft and comfortable without being boxy and I put it on immediately to wear to a fall baseball game last weekend. I love the stripe detail on the wrist and I love the color. The curved hem makes it more feminine and less like a bulky sweatshirt. This was a keeper.



Pink Clover
Alberta Lace Up Back Knit Top



This top was really soft and a great piece for fall. It will look great with jeans and boots or a skirt. The lace up back gave it an interesting detail. Unfortunately, this olive color doesn't look great on me so I sent this one back.
Absolutely
Markle Lightweight Crewneck Pullover


This lightweight sweater was fine and would be a good basic top to have. I like the white trim on the cuff that's doing it's very best to make it more interesting. Good try, White Trim, but this top is still pretty boring. I sent this one back.




Pink Clover
Valencia Curved Hem Pullover


Again, this is a perfect basic top to have. I love stripes. I like the weight of this. It's not too bulky. I like the curved hem. I just didn't love anything about it and I definitely didn't need it. I sent this one back, too.




Articles of Society 
Thalia Fray Hem Skinny Jean


Grey jeans are kind of a big deal lately. I love Articles of Society jeans because they fit well, have lots of stretch, and won't cost you an arm and a leg. I'm on the fence about these though since I'm not sure if I'm a grey jeans kinda girl. After I put this outfit together though, I started leaning towards keeping them. I'm on my way to Austin this weekend for the Texas vs. West Virginia game and somehow I think that these jeans and my new burnt orange flannel will be a major factor in helping my team win. I mean, if the hopes and dreams of Longhorn Nation are at stake here, I'm not sure I have a choice in the matter.

Flannel Shirt/Boots/Similar Earrings/Similar Watch/State Necklace/Similar Horns Cap

Well, that's it for my last Stitch Fix Post for awhile. I have really enjoyed getting these items every other month for a few years. I think the products are good quality and my stylist has done a great job of understanding what I like and will wear. A Stitch Fix gift card definitely makes a great gift, so go check it out. Even though I'm taking a break, I still highly recommend it!

GO
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Terra Heck said...

I'm too tight to get a Stitch Fix box but do enjoy seeing what other people get, and choose to keep or return. I really like that hoodie. Good choice on keeping it.