Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Daybook: June 25

Outside my window:
Sunny, hot summertime
I am thinking:
that I don't feel like I grown up today.  I miss my parents and I want to go home.  It's weird how somedays I wake up feeling like an 8 year old.
I am thankful:
strangely that I do feel the separation from my parents and brother and sister so deeply some days.  Joe said, "Mom, I'm really sorry that it makes you so sad to think about Grammy and Pop".  It reminded me that some families don't talk for weeks and don't mind it.  I should be grateful for the "miss you days" when my tears are overflowing because it means that all the "love you" days that came before were overflowing, too.
In the kitchen:
there is a fridge full of all the stuff for that Dr. Oz detox drink that I bought last week which I can't seem to get myself to blend up.  I waltzed into the grocery store and bought turnip greens and collard greens and cucumbers and mint and fennel (which by the way has two names and even the high school bag boy seemed to know this, so I felt like a moron.)  I keep opening the fridge and seeing all that green and saying, in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice, "I'll think about that tomorrow" and grabbing a Diet Coke.  I know, it's sad.
I am wearing:
yoga pants and top...I have a little adventure today.
I am going:
to a belly dancing exercise class with a friend and her 14 year old daughter.  Yes, I am.  It's going to be as ridiculous as it sounds.
I am wondering:
if belly dancing can get me out of the funky mood I'm in.  It really could go either way, I guess.
I am reading:
I am actually looking into reading some children's books along with my kids for the summer.  I have two who love to read and one who doesn't.  I having a very hard time with that.  Looking for books to read together or at least at the same time so we can discuss them.  Any suggestions...late elementary/middle school appropriate?
I am hoping:
for efficiency in the housework, grocery shopping, chore area this week.  I have been in full-on Summer Jenn mode and it looks like it around here.
I am looking forward to:
All Star moms get together this week!  And that Fun Patio Party Drink (PS I had the recipe wrong...sorry to my buddy in Wisconsin...but I guess it all worked out for you and your girls?)  I updated it.
I am learning:
that men and women are really, really different. Duh.  I've been married for 17 years and have three boys and I'm still learning this???
I am praying for:
quick recovery and healing for those who are sick, especially two who are in pain who I love so much.  Also, praying that my prayer for them will not be what is really my instinct today:  "God, please!  Enough already!  Give them a break, please!!!", but something more like what popped up just this morning for me in Oswald Chambers's My Utmost for His Highest

"If we try and evade sorrow, refuse to lay our account with it, we are foolish.  Sorrow is one of the biggest facts in life; it is no use saying sorrow ought not to be.  Sin and sorrow and suffering are, and it is not for us to say that God has made a mistake in allowing them."

I am listening to:
a bird singing sweetly, but singing sweetly the same 6 notes over and over and over.  Please, little birdie, change the station.
On my IPod:
Empty Me by Chris Sligh
A quote for today:
"Men imagine they communicate their virtue...only by overt actions and words.  They do not see that virtue or its opposite emits a breath at every moment"  -  Emerson (paraphrased...Essay on Self-Reliance)
A verse for today:
"What shall I say?  Father, save me from this hour?  But for this cause came I unto this hour.  Father, glorify Thy name."  John12:27-28
One of my favorite things:
Walking the golf course with this guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were like Shakira today at bellydancing Mrs. S. I hope it cheered you! Hips don't lie Girl!