Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Daybook: On the Road July 23

Outside my window:
there is a hotel lobby.  I'm in the indoor pool area of a Marriott in Suffolk, VA until such time as our Loudoun South baseball boys lose a game or win a state championship.

I am thinking:
about Joe and his buddies who are in West Virginia with our church youth group building houses with Habitat for Humanity and about baseball...I know...I sat here trying to come up with something else to think about, but I can't.  It's our life right now.
Joe and buddy ready to learn some handyman skills

I am thankful:
for moments of JOY.

In the kitchen:
no kitchen here.  Just a mini-fridge.

I am wearing:
white top, mint colored shorts, flip flops and my hair quickly starting to flatten and stick to my face in this sauna of a pool room.

I am going:
to find some quarters to do some laundry in the hotel laundry room.

I am reading:
Ephesians and a People magazine...perhaps I should write a compare/contrast essay on those two?

I am hoping:
for at least one more win. Coach doesn't allow for looking past the next game, so I can't hope for 3 more.  Only one at a time.

I am looking forward to:
watching our boys try to eclipse last year by winning their Quarterfinal game of the Virginia State tournament tomorrow at 1:00 pm and watch out, y'all...some Texans are coming at the end of the week and I can hardly stand it I'm so excited.

I am wondering:
how much longer I will be able to stand it in here.  My eyes are burning with chlorine and I'm not even in the pool.

I am learning:
about how Vacation Bible School really isn't just fun and games and crafts and singing.  Drew and I snuggled up in the hotel bed this morning trying to whisper and not wake up Kyle and Dad.  He said, "Mommy, couldn't Jesus do magic?" and I said,"Well, we don't call it magic.  He performed miracles." Drew said, "So, He really could've gotten off the cross by Himself, right?"  I said, "Yes, He could have, but He didn't because He loves you and me so much that He stayed there so that we wouldn't have to be punished for the things we do wrong."  Drew sighed big and deep, "Oh.  Mommy, that would've hurt so bad.  I don't want to talk about that anymore.  I don't like to think about that part."

I am praying:
for Joe and the crew in West Virginia, for all of the 11 and 12 year old baseball players who have all practiced hard and dreamed big and for a Coach who won't take any credit, but who is giving it everything he has.

I am listening:
to splashing and jumping and shouting.

On my Ipod:
The children sang this song at VBS this week and as we heard of the tragedy in Colorado and thought of our friend Sara's passing, I couldn't stop the tears...But this is a happy song and when I leave this Earth, I hope I'll be singing this song on my way.  (Chances are that I'll be singing a little song about Tommy and Gina Livin' on a Prayer, too...let's be honest.)

A quote for today:


A verse for today:
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms" 1 Peter 4:10

One of my favorite things:
Children singing, "I'll fly away, O Glory, I'll fly away!"


A few plans for the week:
baseball games as long as they can last, Joe coming home from Habitat and MY PEOPLE and me together for a week.

Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Pat said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog post. Your picture is precious~