Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Daybook: August 20

Outside my window:
It is grey and gloomy, but the weather guy says the sun is coming.

I am thinking:
A lot about my writing and how before the blog it flowed more easily because I didn't worry about who was reading it.  That any sentence I have written has touched someone is flattering and I am honored, but it makes me aware that writing about my life, my worries, my belief, my family and friends and our/their struggles could hurt someone inadvertently.  Will I say too much?  Will I reveal something about someone I love when I reveal myself?  Will there be assumptions made or conclusions drawn that aren't accurate?  I have lots of thoughts swirling about subjects that are difficult and personal....they might not be subjects with which I or my immediate family have personally struggled, but maybe ones that close friends and family members have.  I don't want to censor myself.  I don't want to be dishonest or limited.  But I don't want to hurt anyone, ever. So, I guess I better start thinking about praying.  He will make my paths straight, I imagine. When I listen to Him, He always does.

I am thankful:
for 6 miles on an overcast morning.  Running settles my brain.  Running and praying together settles my entire being. 

In the kitchen:
nothing...seriously.

I am wearing:
running shorts, shirt and shoes.

I am listening to:
the Today show is talking about Honey Boo Boo. I kept seeing Facebook posts about this last week and I had no idea what Honey Boo Boo was. Y'all. She's a person and I think there's a family with her and my mouth is wide open.

I am going:
to the mall.  One of my boys just asked me if we could go "Back to School clothes" shopping. I know my friends with girls have been going through nightmares at malls with their daughters in the last few weeks, but none of my people EVER want to go shopping with me and I'm excited, I think.  We'll see how this goes, I might eat my words.

I am wondering:
if this little nighttime visitor could've squished up any closer to his daddy.

I am reading:
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett

I am hoping:
to keep trusting, trusting, trusting that all will work out for someone exactly as GOD wants it to work out, not exactly like I want it to work out.

I am looking forward to:
a final week of summer vacation that seems like it is going to be sunny and 80ish.  What a blessing.  And to going to dinner with one of my favorite couples...it has only taken a year to get it on the calendar. 

I am learning:
lessons about how to be more like Jesus, not from adults who study Him with great intensity and claim great knowledge, but from little children...children who love unconditionally and forgive huge mistakes and huge flaws in adults with huge amounts of grace.  What an infinite number of lessons we can learn from children who know the true triumph of love over all else and who hold tight to it despite circumstances and people who would try to tell them differently.  I will admit, I have a hard time looking past mistakes sometimes and I have a lot of opinions of people and their actions.  If we could all look past human imperfection like those children do, like Jesus does, wouldn't we all learn the most important lessons He wants us to know?

I am pondering:
This quote from Drew as we walked the Civil War battlefield in Manassas.  He asked about wars and why people fought wars because it seemed really dumb to him.  Joe answered him with a lot of wisdom and ended with the fact that sometimes different groups of people have different beliefs.  Drew said, "So?  Why don't they keep it to theirself?  Why do they just gotta blurt it out all the time?"  Hmmmmm....pondering.

I am praying:
for someone starting a new job today, for my niece and nephew starting a new school year today, for a little baby with a heart condition fighting for his little life.  Please offer a prayer for him, would you?

A quote for today:
"You know when I was 19, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.  Up, down, up, down.  Oh, what a ride.  I always wanted to go again.  You know it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me feel so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited and so thrilled altogether.  Some didn't like it.  They went on the merry-go-round.  That just goes around...nothing.  I like the roller coaster.  You get more out of it." - the Grandma from the movie, Parenthood ( I caught the end of it the other night-smart lady, that one)

A verse for today:
"Love must be sincere.  Hate what is evil;  cling to what is good.  Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.  Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:9-10

One of my favorite things:
these guys. And aren't they handsome, especially when they indulge their mom by leaving all the Adidas and Nike and Under Armour garb in the suitcase? And the three smaller ones? They were really sweet right here and for the rest of the night. The next morning? Not so much and I sorta lost it with those three. But, you know, I'm thankful for both the night and the morning because later there was forgiveness on both sides.  It's the roller coaster, I guess.

A few plans for the week:
pool, practices, shopping, SUMMER.

A peek into a day:
I'm gonna need a re-match here.  My 7 year old is some kinda Donald Trump real estate mogul and it's tickin' me off.



Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Wonderful daybook....
I still keep a journal(paper/pen) for writing my thoughts and feelings and recording what is going on in our life....even with blogging.
I read State of Wonder....it was very good.
Those words about school clothes shopping from a boy are rare, I know, and should be honored. He probably just wants to do that and nothing more, though....last week, I went to get the Princess so she could go with me to Michael's and Coldwater Creek before we had lunch out....Wonder Boy came out to the car and asked where we were going and I only got out part of the word Michaels before he said forget it....if I go out with him, he just wants to go eat and that's it. He's 14 she's 12
Have a blessed day,
Mama Bear