Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Daybook: Tuesday, October 16

Outside my window:

It is dark and very early. 

I’m thinking:
Of many questions asked by our Community Bible Study leader last week including:  What are you clinging to?  How big is your God?  Are you allowing the gifts to become more important than the Giver?  Are there priorities and passions in your life that are taking HIS place?

I am wearing:
White and navy pjs

I am listening to:
The coffee pot brewing

In the kitchen: 
The oven was disconnected by the floor installers and apparently they are unable to reconnect it.  Really?  Lots of sandwiches until I get someone here to reconnect.  Not that there weren’t lots of sandwiches when the oven was working just fine.

I am pondering:
“As you journey through your life, there are numerous pitfalls along the way.  Many voices clamor for your attention, enticing you to go their way.   A few steps away from your true path are pits of self-pity and despair, plateaus of pride and self-will.  If you take your eyes off Me and follow another’s way, you are in grave danger.”  From Jesus Calling:  Enjoying Peace in His Presence

I am wondering:
What are the things I cling to that take me from God?  I wonder if they are the same for many women.  How much emphasis will I put on the outward appearance of my home?  My children? My self?  How much does this take me from focusing on my heart?  My compassion?  My purpose to glorify Him?  How much does God beg me to find a gift, any gift, to use for Him and not for me?  (Things appear to be heavy on my heart at 5:30 am, huh?  Are you wishing for a picture of a gal in a sweater swimsuit?  Yea, me, too.  Not today, friends.)

I am thankful for:
 A bunch of 7 year old baseball players and a bunch of 14 year old baseball players who saved me from the most tragic sports weekend of all time by pulling out some wins for their mama.  Texas stunk up the joint in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl, the Washington Nationals lost in the most heartbreaking game I’ve ever seen (besides THIS ONE), the Yankees won (ugh!) and the Dallas Cowboys lost. I started my Sunday thinking that the only TV stations in my future would be the Hallmark and Lifetime channels.  Thank you little Senators and slightly-less-little Bulldogs.  I will be a sports fan for at least another week.

 
I am reading:
1 Kings, Esther and 7:  An Experimental Mutiny on Excess (last chapter!)

I am praying:
for contentment and peace and for my cousin to hang tight, have faith and rest well while that little baby girl grows strong.

I am looking forward to:
Running a 5K this weekend with Joe.

Quote for today:
“A gifted mind is no match for an obedient heart.” – from someone at Community Bible Study

Verse for today:
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” – Matthew 6:19-21

On my Ipod:
THIS by For King and Country is my new favorite song.  I could listen to this 50 times a day.
One of my favorite things:
Reading Bible stories to a mess of toddlers all squished together on my lap in the church nursery.

A few plans for the week:
Baseball, putting the house back together after getting floors installed and willing myself to LOVE the floors even when I’m not quite sure.(yikes), reminding myself every minute that my treasure is in heaven and not on the floor of my kitchen.

A peek into my day:


 

No comments: