Monday, September 23, 2013

Daybook Interrupted: Mon. Morning & Afternoon: 9/23/13

Outside my window:
it is overcast and cool.
I am thinking:
about needing a long run today and what to wear because 54 is not my favorite temperature.  Deep thoughts.
I am thankful:
for my parents.  Each and every day, as I meet more and more people, I become keenly aware of how rare are parents like mine.  Unconditional love, forgiveness and commitment are not as easy for everyone, even for parents, as we all assume they should be.  My parents are a wonder to me and I am so grateful.
In the kitchen:
the coffee pot is empty.
I am wearing:
black and white, warm pjs with long sleeves and long pants.  It's cold this morning.
I am listening:
to the sprinkler hit the window and my hubby turn the pages of the newspaper.
I am going:
to make dinner for a family that has nothing on the calendar tonight.  Mine!  How did that happen?
I am reading:
Blue Like Jazz by Don Miller and Wonder by RJ Palacio
I am hoping:
that my middle man does not throw up today and that the rest of my people can stay safe from the evil stomach virus he has.
I am looking forward to:
a week of beautiful weather in the 70s, baseball games and planning Gavin's Golf Tournament
I am praying:
for Gavin's family as his birthday comes tomorrow, for Kyle's tummy to settle, for new beginnings.

(this daybook was interrupted by a sick child waking up, a desperate need for that run and a trip to CVS.)

I am pondering:
the Facebook page that our community has.  There is often wonderful, useful information posted on the page.  And then there are the times it is used for venting, pointing fingers and becoming an outlet for every Complain Elaine in the 'hood. 
I am wondering:
if I might find a reference to a Jesus Freak runner who sings too loudly while she runs with her Ipod blaring in her ears around the neighborhood on said community Facebook page this afternoon.  That would be me, Elaine.  Sorry.
On my Ipod:
Matt Maher's Lord, I Need You and Third Day's Creed.  These are what that Jesus Freak runner was singing this morning.  Please click and enjoy the original versions without the panting and the missed notes.
A quote for today:
"The most difficult lie I have ever had to contend with is this:  Life is a story about me. . . No rut in the world is as deep as the one that says I am the world, and the world belongs to me, all people are characters in my play.  There is no addiction so powerful as self-addiction."  - Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz
A verse for today:
"To you O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God." -Psalm 25:1
One of my favorite things:
when a golfer finds the swing he seemed to have lost and beats his dad for the first time ever.
A few plans for the week:
1/4 of Drew's team is throwing up and Kyle is throwing up, so I think the plan is to try to keep the rest of my people healthy.
A peek into my day: 
A lot of this:
Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing - especially about the neighborhood page. I felt the same way after reading some comments over the past two days. I think it has the potential to just be an online, electronic way for people to snipe at each other hiding behind a computer, saying things they might never say if they have to face the person to say it!! :) Hope your middle one is feeling better!

Kim said...

Hope your son feels better soon and the 'lurgy' doesn't spread! My lot are all starting with colds - first of the season! I can't even contemplate a 54 temperature!