Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dark Early Morning Daybook: Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Outside my window:
It's very dark, very early and cool.  Summer is slowly fading away.
I am thinking:
about Joe and his high school golf teammates who are leaving early this morning for their conference golf championships.  Hoping for low scores for all of them.  They've worked really hard.
I am thankful:
for a "so far, so good" start to the school year.  My boys are happy and working hard.  I am so thankful for easy mornings and smiling kids coming through the door at the end of the day.
In the kitchen:
I had a coupon and I bought this.  I'm not sure what I will chop, but it sure will be cute on my counter,


I am wearing:
blue plaid pj bottoms and a blue long sleeve thermal top.  I'm cold.
I am listening to:
Joe left ESPN on and they're talking about the Nationals winning the division last night.  Much celebration and champagne spraying and Bryce Harper wearing a fireman's hat(?)
I am hoping:
that the lovely and talented Mrs. C. and I don't get into trouble during our annual date to Back to School night together which I wrote about HERE.  There is generally much giggling and passing of notes and getting dirty looks from people.  Actually, maybe I do hope we get in trouble.  I never got in trouble when I was actually in middle school.  Maybe it's time to rebel.
I am going:
to work on taping this photo of my middle school boyfriend on my Trapper Keeper before Mrs. C. picks me up.


I am reading:
Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls.
I am looking forward to:
Curefest activities this weekend in Washington DC for Childhood Cancer Awareness month.  Kyle's Kamp and many, many other organizations will be on the National Mall this Sunday promoting awareness and honoring some of the bravest little people in all the world.
I am learning:
that when it comes to making a child with cancer smile, I'll do just about anything.  Including wearing a gold tutu.


I am praying:
lots of prayers big and small today: for a boy who has an Algebra test, for another boy on a golf course, for my biggest boy to come home safely on an airplane, and for one of the bravest boys I know to keep fightin' that fight and smilin' that smile. For so many boys in my life - I will not stop praying for you.
On my Ipod:
We Were Us by Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert.
I am wondering:
about when -oh when - will I really find sustained periods of time to write during this crazy busy fall season.  My friend, Elizabeth, refers to "writing in the margins".  I'm trying to find the margins.  I need to find the margins.  My head feels like it might explode with words some days.
A quote for today:
"And we will never stop being the boldface brave who show up when it’d be easier to give up,
who go do hard & holy things when it’d be easier to just go do happy things,
who do not quit when we don’t know how to keep going on." 
- Ann Voskamp in THIS POST from September 11th.  This woman is so very gifted.  This post is so very worth your time.  Go.
A verse for today:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" - Joshua 1:9
One of my favorite things:
a new package of pens in all the colors and a brand new Bible study book.
A few plans for the week:
Curefest activities, planning for the 2nd Annual Gavin Rupp Open, and hopefully some time to sit on the porch and read.
A peek into my day: 



Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: